Post subject: Re: brake up grade of ef xr6
Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

EDCoonsta wrote:
doesnt say anything about fitting an AU diff, its only a front brake package

If you want to run the same offset wheels you will need to fit an AU diff. Common sense should tell you that.

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ford Falcon ED

TAS, Australia

But as u said, AS IT STATES you will need to fit an AU diff, doesnt say that all

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:08 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

May be not quite clear enough for you, may have been written a little better but I will explain for you.

"2 x Ford adaptor hubs made from K1045 billet steel complete with bearings, seals & half inch wheel studs"

The set up he sells uses a +20 offset, Pre AU are +6, AU onwards are +36. If you fit these brakes and use Pre AU rims you will need to fit Hub Adaptors which he states he supplies, these of course being illegal.

If you use the +28 set you should be able to get away with AU+ offset rims, this meaning that you would need to change your diff to an AU to maitain the offset and remain legal.

Hope this clarifies my statement for you and clears any confusion that it may has caused in your thinking.

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
EDCoonsta wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FALCON-BIG-BRAKES-FITS-EA-EL-330-MM-BRAKES-XR6-XR8-/120850403058?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c233ecef2
Just front brakes

They put offset in no mans land.... Cebco retain stock offset, and have a fully floating rotor.

as do the race brakes kit, stay with factory offset that the vehicle is designed for.

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

rustyeb1991 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
EDCoonsta wrote:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FALCON-BIG-BRAKES-FITS-EA-EL-330-MM-BRAKES-XR6-XR8-/120850403058?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c233ecef2
Just front brakes

They put offset in no mans land.... Cebco retain stock offset, and have a fully floating rotor.

as do the race brakes kit, stay with factory offset that the vehicle is designed for.

Read the bolded section. RBS retain the hub in rotor setup, while Cebco have an independant hub and floating rotor.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:35 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

race brakes sydney kit (as installed to my vehicle) consists of replacement stub assy, hub assy, slip on slotted 330mm rotors, twin piston corvette calipers with braided hoses (tickford ones also bolt straight on) and pads RETAINING FACTORY TRACK/OFFSET.
if you doubt this then contact them.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

rustyeb1991 wrote:
race brakes sydney kit (as installed to my vehicle) consists of replacement stub assy, hub assy, slip on slotted 330mm rotors, twin piston corvette calipers with braided hoses (tickford ones also bolt straight on) and pads RETAINING FACTORY TRACK/OFFSET.

I have contacted them in regards to my kit, as when I purchased it (second hand) I was told it was not one of their kits due to the floating rotor.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef 2 fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

if anybody is interested, i have a UPC big brake upgrade for eseries barely used!, it does change the offset to ba but i also have an AU Live axle 3.45 lsd diff which has been stripped, powder coated, freshly painted which i can sell also. it was assessed by Preston differentials and was told its in VGC and very tight!, will come with calipers and brand new slotted rotors. PM if interested:)

they are a massive improvement over standard and best of all does not look small behind a big rim!

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
rustyeb1991 wrote:

I have contacted them in regards to my kit, as when I purchased it (second hand) I was told it was not one of their kits due to the floating rotor.

67RCE
i found an old post that may explain things as the description given here for the cebco kit matches my race brakes kit purchased 2011.

Post subject: Re: Cebco brake upgrade
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:42 am
QLD Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1994 NC Ghia

QLD, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:
Hi All

I know this has been done to death but have just put the Cebco brake upgrade on my EB. It works awesome. I had DBA slotted and greenstuffs before that and they were ok. I now have the 330mm mustang rotor and Corvette C4 caliper and the stopping ability is about 15% BETTER and couldnt get them to fade at all!

The guys at race brakes in Melbourne who took over Cebco are now producing the kits again. The best bit is you can buy it bit by bit if you want. You dont have to go all up front if you dont have the dosh. All up I spent $1900 and I got the uprights, discs, hubs, calipers, redstuff pads and braided brake lines. Its not the cheapest going round but after driving my car along the great ocean road on the weekend I had a smile from ear to ear. Absolutley no fade at all.

The excellent part too is if I want to update later to an 4 spot caliper Race Brakes manafacture a caliper bracket that mounts directly to my existing upright that fits the AP racing 4 spot caliper.

I looked at the UPC ones which are similar but there are issues with hub offsets and ABS probs. I have had no such problem with mine. Kit reproduces original offset and the abs just fitted straight back on and works as it did before. I cant recommend the kit or the help I got from the guys there. Nothing was too hard.

If you can spare the cash it is seriously one of the best upgrades you can do for your falcon!!!!!!!!!!

Only for the time being. there soon will be a kit available that uses AU Uprights, hubs etc, has AU offset, and allows fitment of Any AU-BA-BF-FG brake upgrade. Including Brembo's.

1994 NC Fairlane
Koni Red's, Superlow front, Falcon Ultralow rear, Modified Pacemaker 4480's, custom 2.5" Exhaust. EL GT Brakes, 18x8.5 -4, 18x10 -12 ABC Exclusive Glanzen's
Dyno's are for show, Tarmac is for go!

my kit was bought new and does have rotors that slip on, i also had the option of 2 piece rotors+hats.
tickfd6 from townsville had the same kit on his ed xr6 but with el tickford calipers

Last edited by rustyeb1991 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

ACT, Australia

Cebco kit fits under a 16" FTR. :lol:

Supercharger, extractors for sale
ford-parts-for-sale-f17/supercharger-3-exhaust-spool-rods-extractors-x2-t99480.html

More e series stuff from NF V8 fairlane for sale
post1252987.html#1252987

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

rustyeb1991 wrote:
67RCE wrote:
rustyeb1991 wrote:

67RCE
i found an old post that may explain things as the description given here for the cebco kit matches my race brakes kit purchased 2011.

Post subject: Re: Cebco brake upgrade
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:42 am
QLD Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1994 NC Ghia

QLD, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:
Hi All

I know this has been done to death but have just put the Cebco brake upgrade on my EB. It works awesome. I had DBA slotted and greenstuffs before that and they were ok. I now have the 330mm mustang rotor and Corvette C4 caliper and the stopping ability is about 15% BETTER and couldnt get them to fade at all!

The guys at race brakes in Melbourne who took over Cebco are now producing the kits again. The best bit is you can buy it bit by bit if you want. You dont have to go all up front if you dont have the dosh. All up I spent $1900 and I got the uprights, discs, hubs, calipers, redstuff pads and braided brake lines. Its not the cheapest going round but after driving my car along the great ocean road on the weekend I had a smile from ear to ear. Absolutley no fade at all.

The excellent part too is if I want to update later to an 4 spot caliper Race Brakes manafacture a caliper bracket that mounts directly to my existing upright that fits the AP racing 4 spot caliper.

I looked at the UPC ones which are similar but there are issues with hub offsets and ABS probs. I have had no such problem with mine. Kit reproduces original offset and the abs just fitted straight back on and works as it did before. I cant recommend the kit or the help I got from the guys there. Nothing was too hard.

If you can spare the cash it is seriously one of the best upgrades you can do for your falcon!!!!!!!!!!

Only for the time being. there soon will be a kit available that uses AU Uprights, hubs etc, has AU offset, and allows fitment of Any AU-BA-BF-FG brake upgrade. Including Brembo's.

1994 NC Fairlane
Koni Red's, Superlow front, Falcon Ultralow rear, Modified Pacemaker 4480's, custom 2.5" Exhaust. EL GT Brakes, 18x8.5 -4, 18x10 -12 ABC Exclusive Glanzen's
Dyno's are for show, Tarmac is for go!

my kit was bought new and does have rotors that slip on, i also had the option of 2 piece rotors+hats.
tickfd6 from townsville had the same kit on his ed xr6 but with el tickford calipers

Sounds like you have a Race Brakes Melbourne kit, this is different to the RBS (Race Brakes Sydney) kit. They are two seperate companies AFAIK.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

just checked my invoice and the address is 2 Minnie street Yarraville so Melbourne it is.
when i got my kit i also got them to supply slotted rear rotors, pads and braided hoses

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

vegabass wrote:
Cebco kit fits under a 16" FTR. :lol:

do you get much noise from the closeness of the disc and the rim or the callipers?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

ACT, Australia

Not sure, I havent fitted the uprights to the car yet. I have some new ball joints that need to be pressed and have some new braided lines made up. THEN it is go time. I have some 17" EL GT' replicas here I can test against.

Supercharger, extractors for sale
ford-parts-for-sale-f17/supercharger-3-exhaust-spool-rods-extractors-x2-t99480.html

More e series stuff from NF V8 fairlane for sale
post1252987.html#1252987

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2