Cebco brake upgrade 

Page 6 of 6 [ 89 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: Cebco brake upgrade
Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

shav wrote:
sorry galapogas. Im just excited to hear of these kits.

its cool, im just p****d off that i couldnt get a good deal on the kit.

someone should make the uprights, brackets and hoses more easily available.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 18 images

VIC, Australia

hey galapogas

yeah he swapped my uprights over only because I had non abs ones and I wanted abs ones. I had bought them off him originally. Sorry he stuffed you around. I wouldnt have passed you onto him had I known.

I got them for my EL but decided to go another way with brakes which couldnt be done with those uprights. So i decided to put them on my falcon and buy the rest of the stuff. He was more than happy to help. Sorry dude feel bad:-(

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Malakai's offset looks rediculous.

Im not arguing the quality of the kit, just the way you promote your mate's kit. It does nothing for letting someone form an honest opinion of each product.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
Im not arguing the quality of the kit, just the way you promote your mate's kit. It does nothing for letting someone form an honest opinion of each product.
Point taken - I am biased as previously stated - but who isn't when they fit something to their car and have no issues with it what so ever.

I personally have not seen any complaints on the net about the UPC MR-Spares Kit other than offset from the actual person who has the UPC MR-SPARES kit fitted to their vehicle - not from some one posting that they heard something was inferior from some one else

There was the fitment issue with XH5LWPN but that was due to the wrong part being supplied (rotor)

If you want the correct offset then dont use the UPC - MR-SPARES kit

If you already have AU wheels on your E-Series then use the +28 UPC - MR-SPARES kit as its a perfect match :)

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

Thread mine!!

So how are you guys going with these kits now? RBM, RBS, UPC?

How are these holding up?

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

I'm more than happy with my Cebco/RBM kit.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Can't go wrong with the RBM or RBS kit...

DRHEMI

The offset of 28 is still wrong with a AU wheel... It needs a 35mm hub adaptor to bring it to the true 36 offset and to keep the same wheel track as per factory... Anything under that wheel track is changed...

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:

DRHEMI

The offset of 28 is still wrong with a AU wheel... It needs a 35mm hub adaptor to bring it to the true 36 offset and to keep the same wheel track as per factory... Anything under that wheel track is changed...

E Series is +6, UPC is +34 (adds 28mm onto the +6 original offset.)

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

DRHEMI

As far as I'm aware they added 28mm from the factory hub face.... I questioned the seller and stated that yes it will fit an AU offset rim but factory wheel track is off... To have factory offset it needs 35mm

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
67RCE wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

DRHEMI

As far as I'm aware they added 28mm from the factory hub face.... I questioned the seller and stated that yes it will fit an AU offset rim but factory wheel track is off... To have factory offset it needs 35mm

UPC offer a +26 (overall) or +34. This changes track either 25mm narrower or 5mm narrower than AU.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:
67RCE wrote:
MICKYYYY wrote:

DRHEMI

UPC offer a +26 (overall) or +34. This changes track either 25mm narrower or 5mm narrower than AU.

Sure but what im getting at it is do the job properly so it still retain some of the factory specifications...

Much easier to engineer as well...

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

No doubt. The RBM kit is, IMHO a better kit than the RBS example. Using the RBM Kit you can source rotors from the US, where as the RBS kit you are stuck hoping DBA continue to make the EL GT rotor.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon 1992 EB II XR6

WA, Australia

So in a nut shell the RBM kit is the better of all the kits to go for?

White EL Series II XR8, manual, high flow cats, single 3" exhaust and Quarterhorse = 236rwhp and 14.18@97.5mph

LOWXR - Back to stay - Awaiting forged bottom end

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

After ~35000k's with my RBM 330mm kit, I'm more than happy. My car pulls up exceptionally well. My biggest issue has been I bought a second hand kit, and the pads had some severe knock off. Fresh pads and rotors, and the issue was fixed. My fault for being a tight a*** and running the used stuff. For what I payed, I'd do it again. No hesitations.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6