Cebco brake upgrade 

Page 1 of 6 [ 89 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Cebco brake upgrade
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:33 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 18 images

VIC, Australia

Hi All

I know this has been done to death but have just put the Cebco brake upgrade on my EB. It works awesome. I had DBA slotted and greenstuffs before that and they were ok. I now have the 330mm mustang rotor and Corvette C4 caliper and the stopping ability is about 15% BETTER and couldnt get them to fade at all!

The guys at race brakes in Melbourne who took over Cebco are now producing the kits again. The best bit is you can buy it bit by bit if you want. You dont have to go all up front if you dont have the dosh. All up I spent $1900 and I got the uprights, discs, hubs, calipers, redstuff pads and braided brake lines. Its not the cheapest going round but after driving my car along the great ocean road on the weekend I had a smile from ear to ear. Absolutley no fade at all.

The excellent part too is if I want to update later to an 4 spot caliper Race Brakes manafacture a caliper bracket that mounts directly to my existing upright that fits the AP racing 4 spot caliper.

I looked at the UPC ones which are similar but there are issues with hub offsets and ABS probs. I have had no such problem with mine. Kit reproduces original offset and the abs just fitted straight back on and works as it did before. I cant recommend the kit or the help I got from the guys there. Nothing was too hard.

If you can spare the cash it is seriously one of the best upgrades you can do for your falcon!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Cebco brake upgrade
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:
Hi All

I know this has been done to death but have just put the Cebco brake upgrade on my EB. It works awesome. I had DBA slotted and greenstuffs before that and they were ok. I now have the 330mm mustang rotor and Corvette C4 caliper and the stopping ability is about 15% BETTER and couldnt get them to fade at all!

The guys at race brakes in Melbourne who took over Cebco are now producing the kits again. The best bit is you can buy it bit by bit if you want. You dont have to go all up front if you dont have the dosh. All up I spent $1900 and I got the uprights, discs, hubs, calipers, redstuff pads and braided brake lines. Its not the cheapest going round but after driving my car along the great ocean road on the weekend I had a smile from ear to ear. Absolutley no fade at all.

The excellent part too is if I want to update later to an 4 spot caliper Race Brakes manafacture a caliper bracket that mounts directly to my existing upright that fits the AP racing 4 spot caliper.

I looked at the UPC ones which are similar but there are issues with hub offsets and ABS probs. I have had no such problem with mine. Kit reproduces original offset and the abs just fitted straight back on and works as it did before. I cant recommend the kit or the help I got from the guys there. Nothing was too hard.

If you can spare the cash it is seriously one of the best upgrades you can do for your falcon!!!!!!!!!!

Only for the time being. there soon will be a kit available that uses AU Uprights, hubs etc, has AU offset, and allows fitment of Any AU-BA-BF-FG brake upgrade. Including Brembo's.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:48 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:

Did you get a price on that upgrade?
I've got EL GT rotors and some C4 Calipers waiting to go on mine, using Cebco uprights.
Nice to know there is another upgrade down the track.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:50 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Only problem is for us e series owners is we have different offsets if we run the AU upright. This means front to rear will be different and change the geometry of the car. With the cebco upright they can also cahnge the caliper bracket and you can use the brembo's also. The big issue with the UPC setup, whilst it works well, is the offset change for the e series cars.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:
Only problem is for us e series owners is we have different offsets if we run the AU upright. This means front to rear will be different and change the geometry of the car. With the cebco upright they can also cahnge the caliper bracket and you can use the brembo's also. The big issue with the UPC setup, whilst it works well, is the offset change for the e series cars.

The solution is - AU Diff.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:55 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

The upgrade to the 4 spot calipers is $1600. Most of that is for cost of caliper. Speaking to them you really only need to go for that if you want to do track work. If you want that setup then go for that upfront as overall the package would be around 2400 dollars all up. so it is only an extra 500-600 dollars over twin piston set up.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:

Fit an AU Diff :P

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:58 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yeah I know you can change the diff. but thats my point why do all that to go for the UPC option and change the diff and buy new rims when I can just change my front uprights and go with what i already have. this way is overall cheaper, quicker and achieves the same result.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:
yeah I know you can change the diff. but thats my point why do all that to go for the UPC option and change the diff and buy new rims when I can just change my front uprights and go with what i already have. this way is overall cheaper, quicker and achieves the same result.

Depends on what you're trying to achieve with the car.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

You are totally correct EfFalcon. One thing I get from reading most of these threads is people want to do these mods cheaply and easily. This brake upgrade whilst not cheap requires less mods to the rest of the car. Car modding is about how far you want to take something and about personal taste. I am not intending to say that the cebco brake upgrade is better than UPC all I am saying it requires less modding and overall less money.

Money was not a major concern for me but I wanted to achieve abraking upgrade for my car without having to change wheels, diffs or anything else just to accommodate the front upgrade. I already run 19' BF typhoon copies in an e-series offset so I didnt want to have to go and change them to an AU offset.

Each to their own I say and I just wanted to share what I had done with other modders as I thought that is what this forum is about.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SVO_EB wrote:
I am not intending to say that the cebco brake upgrade is better than UPC all I am saying it requires less modding and overall less money.

i'll happily say the Cebco kit is better then the UPC kit :P

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I ran around Phillips island circuit the other week and timed at just under 2 mins, 1min59.6 to be exact. before the brake upgrade i ran 2min.04.8. just the brake upgrade provided a 5 second better lap time. Allowing for later braking and less fade. The lap record for saloon cars is held by an au falcon running 1min50.06. So considering I am running a fully kitted car and street tyres I am happy with that.
Howard at Race brakes was awesome with all his advice and help.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Obviously the Cebco - Race Brakes Kit is better if you want to keep the E-Series Offset

And Obviously the UPC - MR-Spares Kit is better if you want to change the Offset

As with everything for Cars you get the Good Stories and the Bad Stories - no need to go around in circles again

And now for the really Keen 4 spots upgrade with the Cebco Kit - NICE :)

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Too be honets having driven the twin spot larger caliper upgrade. If you just doing street driving that is all you would need. If you really want to do track work as well the 4 spot would be the way to go. Apart from that the AP racing calliper looks awesome compared to the PBR C4 job

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Have you got some pics to post up of your new kit :)

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next