Fordmods Logo

Nankang tyres 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

I've been told by various alignment centres that they have terrible trouble getting cars with some of the cheaper 'asian sounding name' tyres to align properly. They say that a car with good tyres that aligns perfectly will be way out of alignment with these tyres thrown on, with a balance the only difference inbetween. They can then not get the car to align anywhere near closely.

Call it crazy, but I am one of those people that sticks with products they know.. Yokohama's for me!

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Do these wheels comply with Aust Standards? Lots of cheap dodgy chinese rims getting around today that are not Aust Standard tested

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XF Wagon

VIC, Australia

G'day

I'll run with fuzions thoughts. The toyos that i have on the front now on a set of au2 xr8 copies are great in the wet, but in the dry i'm not completely convinced (yet). I went for a drive up the black spur this arvo and gave it a bit of a punt. The toyos dont seam to hold the road aswell as what the nankangs did. I could feel the front squirm around under heavy braking. The reason i'm not completely convinced is cause i'm not used to how well the 330mm brakes with the twin piston calipers pull up the car, (doco coming on the conversion of brakes and drop spindles). The nankangs didn't squirm under brakes or cause understear at all. The back end would usually step out before the front. The nankangs in the wet however are woeful in comparison. I can nearly turn as quick in the wet with the toyos, the only problem is braking. If i'm not careful i lock the fronts, but thats all about how i drive in the wet.

As for what chef said, totally agree. There are alot of cheap s**t asian wheels out there that arn't very round to begin with, but in saying that they should be to a certain standard. The mayhems are to australian standards.

Cheers

If its too loud your too old!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3