Fordmods Logo

Pedders sports ryder shocks in E series 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Pedders sports ryder shocks in E series
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hi All,

Im thinking of getting Pedders sports ryder shocks with sports ryder low springs for my EF XR6 with FTR 16in rims.

I have read some reports that there abit hard/harsh and im abit concerned as i dont want that, im looking for a nice comfy yet firm ride and have been told that sports ryder shocks are about 50% more firm than factory and the Pedders comfy is about 30% more firm than factory.'

My car has travelled 144,xxx so the firmness is really not there anymore so if anyone has any feedback on them plz post.

It's my daily driver and im not overly concered about handling but the better is it the better but i guess that trades of for comfy ride.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Post subject: Re: Pedders sports ryder shocks in E series
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Ive got pedders sports ryders with pedders lows all round in my EF Fairmont. I like them, they're nice and firm but not too harsh, handles well up front, the rear is a bit soft though IMO. My old man has an EF XR6, all original shocks springs and we both reckon that my car is a lot more comfortable than his so id say they would be what your after.

Are you getting lows all round? The front struts have a lower mounted spring seat, so with lows in the front it will be the about the equivalent to superlow in the front. The rear will sit a bit higher though so IF you wanna even the ride height out you might wanna get superlows in the rear. I havent got any good pics to show you what i mean about the ride height with lows but in this one you can sorta see how low the front is compared to the rear, the car is sitting on 16" rims with 225/50's
Attachment:
P1000633 (Small).JPG
P1000633 (Small).JPG [ 53.32 KiB | Viewed 146 times ]

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh im getting lows all round and not getting from strut with lower spring seat as i dont want it to be very low.

So when u say more comfortable, do u mean its rides alot nicer and is firm enough that its not a bumpy/harsh ride over crappy roads???

Appararently KYB but dont know which shocks specifially ride just as good as Pedders sports ryder that i read in 1 thread.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:34 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

just make sure the lows doesnt drop your car more than 2" (50)mm.
i got lows in my ed and its lower than 50mm from std..
because as of next weekend that stupid new law comes in and you will need an engineers certificate to lower your car more than the 50mm.

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeh i know i read all about it and im not going that low thats for sure as its my daily

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

MICKYYYY wrote:
Yeh im getting lows all round and not getting from strut with lower spring seat as i dont want it to be very low.

So when u say more comfortable, do u mean its rides alot nicer and is firm enough that its not a bumpy/harsh ride over crappy roads???

Appararently KYB but dont know which shocks specifially ride just as good as Pedders sports ryder that i read in 1 thread.

Yeah it's a pretty comfortable ride, car sticks to the road quite well, and it is firm but not overly hard on rough roads, on smooth roads though you cant feel a thing. Ive got nolathane bushes all round so it firms things up a bit more but its more than fine for a daily driver :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok cool, thanks for the feedback dude

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]