Fordmods Logo

speed limiter on efs 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:36 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: ef falcon

QLD, Australia

grow up chooka. im meaning learn by others mistakes. im tryin to show this young fella and all u can do is say snide remarks like that. dnt kno why ppl even bother posting replies lyk that, just a waste of tym. but thanks for ur input chooka, it was really appreciated and i bet it helped him greatly.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:26 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Ef manual xrs have no speed limiter other than red line in 5th gear, and the speed trap at eastern creek tells me that redline in 5th on the frnt straight with 3.45's is 248km\h. you don't want anything going wrong at that speed, trust me.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

QLD, Australia

[quote]Ef manual xrs have no speed limiter other than red line in 5th gear, and the speed trap at eastern creek tells me that redline in 5th on the frnt straight with 3.45's is 248km\h. you don't want anything going wrong at that speed, trust me.

I had my car on the dyno on the weekend. Its an EF GLI with and XR6 engine & manual ECU. Because it had the stock tailshaft i simple warned the operator about the possiblility of it exploding.

I saw my speedo go up to about 230 in forth gear up to redline!!!

That with a 3.08 diff. So im guessing it would be possible to get it going a bit faster in fifth than just 248???

Any ways, any speed about the speed limit is just stupid. No only are you putting your own life at stake, it all the other people on the road that you may hurt or kill!!!

Dont be a d@#k!!!!

99 AU Fairlane Ghia V8 Black Leather, 19" ANZ 5+5's with 245/35 rubber
Full sound system. Extractors, Dual 2.25" exhaust.
Lowered on Tickford XR8 springs and shocks!!

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

Howd the extension housing s**t itself at that speed and not the tailshaft??? Must have been touch and go for both and the flexing shaft got the better of the housing first...

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

most likely the extension housing bush was worn, combined with a thin wall too long tailshaft at 4000+ odd rpm would have turned into a skipping rope... somethings gotta give

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR8 347

Power: 232 rwkw

WA, Australia

^^That what I was thinkin... skipping rope hehe.

347 XR8 Build Thread

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

yeah im putting it down to the extension housing bush worn and the road was pretty bumpy, so even the slightest vibration wuda bin enuf at that speed. and it was only the stock steel heavy tailshaft wich wudnt of helped

as for the limiter in the e series. ive gotta bout 5 mates here with e series xr6/8's and 1 serII au xr8 and they all hav limiters at 180, and there all manual. one of them got the limiter remover from shiftkitz and has wound his off the clock. so unless its a factory upgrade to fit the limiter at 180, then i hav no idea

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

QLD, Australia

Yeah its got me stumped.

I had a feeling that XRs were limited to about 210, and all others were 180.

But my ECU is an EF manual and like i said, i saw about 230-235 on the computer screen. Still that would be an insanly stupid speed on the road.!!

99 AU Fairlane Ghia V8 Black Leather, 19" ANZ 5+5's with 245/35 rubber
Full sound system. Extractors, Dual 2.25" exhaust.
Lowered on Tickford XR8 springs and shocks!!

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:05 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

to the best of my knowledge at the time mine was run at eastern creek it was STOCK AS A ROCK. I had literally picked it up and driven it ack from warnambool to sydney the weekend before, used the week to check it over, new tyres rotors hoses and stuff, But ECU was def stock no J# chip nothing. Ran off the clock all the way to 5th gear limiter. every lap for about 12 laps at a time. speed trap just before braking at turn 1 showed the speed. I can only tell it like it is.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

kev87 wrote:
grow up chooka. im meaning learn by others mistakes. im tryin to show this young fella and all u can do is say snide remarks like that. dnt kno why ppl even bother posting replies lyk that, just a waste of tym. but thanks for ur input chooka, it was really appreciated and i bet it helped him greatly.

I have no problem with you trying to help him out,but calling him a idiot first then offer help????Whatever!

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600
----------------------------------------------------

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

mate u jus wanna keep it going dont u. bet he just looked over it and didnt giv a flying f**k. but then ppl lyk u kick a stir up over pretty much nuthing and piss ppl off. no wonder i hardly ask for help or try and help ppl on here, i always get unimportant losers lyk u giving me a hard time ova f all. just drop it ay.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF

QLD, Australia

mate got to agree with kev87 just leave it. Your just making problems for no reason.

Posted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

kev87 wrote:
yeah im putting it down to the extension housing bush worn and the road was pretty bumpy, so even the slightest vibration wuda bin enuf at that speed. and it was only the stock steel heavy tailshaft wich wudnt of helped

as for the limiter in the e series. ive gotta bout 5 mates here with e series xr6/8's and 1 serII au xr8 and they all hav limiters at 180, and there all manual. one of them got the limiter remover from shiftkitz and has wound his off the clock. so unless its a factory upgrade to fit the limiter at 180, then i hav no idea

My old ED XR6, 5 speed, no limiter (had it to 5200rpm in 5th with 3.45's) my old EF Mont - 180km/h limiter, my AU1 XR8 (5 speed, stock no limiter)

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:03 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

yeah i think ea to ed's dnt hav limiters. but my mates au1 xr8 5spd has a limiter on it. he put the limiter remover on and ran like s**t. but its also a ute aswell so dunno if that makes a difference. he also has a au3 5spd sedan and it dosnt hav a limiter.

thanks efLIAM much appreciated

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2