URGENT BA MKII LSD Question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: URGENT BA MKII LSD Question
Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XHII XR8 Ute - Supercharged

WA, Australia

G,day all,

Do the XR6 (non turbo, ute) have a different style LSD centre to the older style LSDs (like in EL/AUs)??

The reason i ask is a mate was looking at buying one from a dealer. He had his mechanic look at it, and was told diff was f***ed - don't buy it. The dealer then had his mechanic look at it and said; 'Viscous LSD operates on slip speed, not torque like a conventional clutch LSD'

I don't know if i've just been living under a rock or what, cos i thought the a*** end of the BA was the same as AU, and didn't realise they had changed the diff. I thought they were still running same LSD centre with 28 spline axels....???

Need help ASAP cos dealer is saying he MUST purchase ute now, even though a condition of sale was supposed to be satisfactory mechanic report......

Thanks in advance!

Old - XF with XH XR8 Driveline... http://www.fordmods.com/ford-v8-f2/my-xr8-power-xf-falcon-t20529.html
Current - XHII XR8 ute - Kenne Bell Supercharged - Build in progress

SUPERCHARGED XHII XR8 UTE - BUILD THREAD >http://www.fordmods.com/post1195532.html#p1195532

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:36 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

AFAIK they are all cone type LS, only Ford with a viscous diff I know of is EL GT with the hydratrak.
Sounds like dealer is talking out his a***.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Post subject: Re: URGENT BA MKII LSD Question
Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

xf84 wrote:
G,day all,

Do the XR6 (non turbo, ute) have a different style LSD centre to the older style LSDs (like in EL/AUs)??

The reason i ask is a mate was looking at buying one from a dealer. He had his mechanic look at it, and was told diff was f***ed - don't buy it. The dealer then had his mechanic look at it and said; 'Viscous LSD operates on slip speed, not torque like a conventional clutch LSD'

I don't know if i've just been living under a rock or what, cos i thought the a*** end of the BA was the same as AU, and didn't realise they had changed the diff. I thought they were still running same LSD centre with 28 spline axels....???

Need help ASAP cos dealer is saying he MUST purchase ute now, even though a condition of sale was supposed to be satisfactory mechanic report......

Thanks in advance!

Ute Diffs are notorious for doing the lsd!

As its only a 2 pinion where the el was 4

Nicko

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]