Please read the following rules and guidelines very carefully. By proceeding to post you agree to these guidelines and must obey them at all times. Continual refusal to obey these guidelines will result in appropriate responsive actions being taken.
The Fordmods Forums
We have implemented the following guide to using our community forums. This guide is designed to strike a balance between the main goal of our forums (providing support), and keeping the relaxed and welcoming atmosphere for the user community.
We require all posts to be polite, constructive, and reasonably on topic.
All material created for Fordmods and then posted or uploaded to the forum remains the property of the original poster and Fordmods. The administrators of this site reserve the right to without notice access or view all such material (including posts, profile information, emails sent through the forum software, and Personal Messages (PMs)), to edit the subject of a post, or to move, reclassify, or delete any post or other material that is deemed inappropriate or disruptive, fails to conform to these forum rules, or to ensure proper indexing and searchability. Please note that, from time to time, topics may be removed for being inappropriate even though your individual post in that topic may have been perfectly fine. Please do not feel that this reflects badly on you.
Having fun is good. We like fun. Please keep it positive and polite. The difference between us and other forums is our relaxed nature. Do not take this for granted, or as authorisation to be rude and/or disruptive. We may take action against posts and/or topics that could cause unrest in the community beyond a civil and polite disagreement.
You may not make personal attacks on other users or staff members either in public forums or private messages.
Be polite in the tech forums, talk to people as you would like them to talk to you. Blatant profanity is unprofessional and offensive and will not be tolerated. We have word filters in place for the most vulgar terms.
You may not advertise or promote other companies or their products who do not have sponsorship arrangements with Fordmods. If you wish to sponsor Fordmods please contact us.
We reserve the right to ban any member who violates our guidelines or disrupts our community. We will be fair and provide warning in most cases.
If you have an issue concerning our services, policies, or staff, please use a personal contact method such as a private message or email to a staff member. All moderators and administrators are highlighted in the active members list. We take serious complaints to heart and will do our best to address them.
The Golden Rules
- There will be no excessive profanity or foul language. Any un-called for language will be removed and you will receive a warning.
- There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
- There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.
- Spamming is not permitted; please keep all your posts as constructive as possible.
- Pornography, warez, or any other illegal transactions may NOT be linked in any shape or form.
- Any complaints directed at a moderator must first address the moderator in question via PM. If the problem can not be resolved, then the moderator and user must send their positions to the forum admin. The forum admin will make or change any and/or all final decisions.
- Pictures may be posted as long as they are not explicit or offensive. If you plan to post more than one image, or the topic is based on graphics, please link the images rather than screening.
- Signatures must not contain Pornographic Material, Racist Content (displayed or implied), Commercial advertising (other than our sponsors) or exceed a pixel size of 500x120 pixels and no larger than 100k file size. Signatures if text based must not exceed 5 lines of text; Offending signatures will be deleted with no notice.
- Advertising, commercial-related or competing products are all forbidden unless an approved commercial arrangement is in place with Fordmods.
- Members who Fordmods Admin believe to be using Fordmods primarily for trading will have the "2:1 ratio" test applied. For every post you make in "For Sale" forums, we believe it is reasonable to expect 2 posts in other parts of the forum. If you are unable or unwilling to meet this requirement, you will be deemed a \'Power Seller\' and continued trading on Fordmods will require a monthly fee to be paid, by negotiation with the Fordmods Administration. Please note that due to the difficulty in assessing the content/nature of each and every post, there will be no discretion applied to this test.
- Remember to post in the correct forum. Take your time to look at other topics and see where your topic should go. If your topic is placed in the wrong forum, it will be moved by a moderator.
- If a topic is recognised as being posted in the wrong forum, or if the post is a violation of our guidelines then please contact a moderator via PM; please do not respond publicly to the member - a member of staff will do what is required upon contact.
- Any impersonation of a user within these forums, in any mode of communication, is strictly prohibited and will result in a banning.
- Linked and locked topics may be pruned regularly to reduce page clutter. If you have a question about where your topic went, please PM a Moderator or Administrator before starting a new topic asking where it went, or posting a duplicate of the original topic. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, or a reason why it was locked and/or removed.
- If you are linking to external content, you should link directly to that content. It is unacceptable to use link-thru systems to mask the originating URL, and cases where this is found to be happening may be edited or removed as appropriate.
- Posting in the forsale section requires a certain minimum post count. There are specific reason why we have set this level. Do not post worthless messages in order to increase your post count, or your post(s) will be deleted and you may receive a warning or ban. Take part in the forums and soon you will be able to enjoy the forsale section.
- Searching - Please use the search button! There is a vast knowledge base of information on Fordmods. Nearly any question you have, chances are it has been asked, and more importantly answered, before. Just like Google, the search button is your friend!
- For Sale Posts - Must contain a photo of the item for sale and must have a price. EOI threads and auction style threads will be deleted with no notice. Do not post in a for sale thread if you are not interested in the product or your post does not help a users sale. If you have constructive criticism PM the seller, do not post that they are over priced or any other comment which hinders a users sale.
- Posts constructed in SMS speak or posts that are illegible will be deleted without notice. If you are asking for peoples help its only fair to put the effort into your post that you would like people to reply with. Free spellcheckers can be found on the internet easily if you are not confident with spelling. Not to say that we will criticise every spelling mistake but if a whole post is deemed to be illegible it will be deleted without notice
- If your post is missing take it as a warning and curb your behaviour. Your post has been removed or deleted because it breaks one of the Fordmods guidelines.
Violation of any of these rules will result in consequences determined on a case-by-case basis. Thank you for visiting Fordmods, we hope you enjoy your stay.
v1.3 21st May 2008