Fordmods Logo

1994 EF Futura Coolant System 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 1994 EF Futura Coolant System
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

There might be a topic on this already so I apologise in advance.

My coolant system is running really weird. I have ahd my car for about 4-5 weeks now and the low coolant sensor ont he dash has come up 3-4 times since gettting the car.

My mates and i looked at it and discovered that the pressure controlled cap on the coolant contianer is releasing at 90kPa. It is also an aftermarket cap. My mates 97 EL and another 94 EF (both stock Falcons) have Ford caps releasing at 120kPa. Could this be why I am losing coolant?

I have been just putting water in it so I think I should flush the coolant system and re-cool it. Is there instructions on how do this myself around here? If so could someone direct me there?

Thanks heaps.

Post subject: Re: 1994 EF Futura Coolant System
Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
There might be a topic on this already so I apologise in advance.

My coolant system is running really weird. I have ahd my car for about 4-5 weeks now and the low coolant sensor ont he dash has come up 3-4 times since gettting the car.

My mates and i looked at it and discovered that the pressure controlled cap on the coolant contianer is releasing at 90kPa. It is also an aftermarket cap. My mates 97 EL and another 94 EF (both stock Falcons) have Ford caps releasing at 120kPa. Could this be why I am losing coolant?

I have been just putting water in it so I think I should flush the coolant system and re-cool it. Is there instructions on how do this myself around here? If so could someone direct me there?

Thanks heaps.

Could very well be the cap on the resevoir is not allowing sufficient pressure to build up and hence the coolant is boiling and disappearing... worth a try at least.

Coolant change pretty easy, same for any car really. Remove the bottom hose and let her dump her guts. Run plenty of water through, maybe even fill system completely and run engine for a bit. Make sure heater tap is fully open for this. Drain the water out, fill with coolant and run the engine to make sure any air is released from the cooling system.

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]