Fordmods Logo

EFI 3.3 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EFI 3.3
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Xf Wagon

SA, Australia

I know it sounds crazy bu I want to put the efi tubes and top end except for the head from a efi 4.1 onto my 3.3 engine can anyone out there tell me how if at all it can be done, I have everything except the computer but a friend who owns a wreckers yard is looking out for one for me. :D

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

wb to fordmods krystal

the EFI manifold and all the associated BS will go straight onto a 3.3, the only difference between a 3.3 and a 4.1 is the shorter stroke

the ECU will possibly have issues recognising the smaller capacity, and AFAIC, the XF EFI system is one of the more problematic setups around
btw, you'll want the rocker cover from an EFI engine as well as the dipstick..... the ECU chucks a fit if there's vacuum leaks

Banned

Last edited by Interceptor on Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Best to fit the efi intake etc setup, chuck most of the electronics of the efi and go aftermarket ecu. Intercepter is spot on, it is s**t unless everything is perfect, and the last EFI 4.1 was produced over 17yrs ago so don't expect everything to be perfect.

The intake, throttle body, tappet cover and dissy etc is excellent on a 4.1 EFI, it's just the rest of it is crap.

XR9UTE might be able to setup the later SEFI EECIV on the XF, but just about any aftermarket ECU would work better than the factory EFI setup.

I like the idea of using a 3.3, I have seen a few hot 3.3's over the years, one used to shock most V8 owners.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]