Fordmods Logo

Brett Stevens Arrested 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Brett Stevens Arrested
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

A SELF-declared drag racing icon allegedly involved in a major drug trafficking network has been granted bail.

Brett Stevens, 44, of Narangba, faced Brisbane Magistrates Court today on six charges including producing, supplying and trafficking dangerous drugs.

Mr Stevens was arrested with four other co-accused after a year-long operation which Queensland police allege smashed a significant drug network.

The operation culminated yesterday morning with the execution of 15 search warrants in Brisbane and on the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, and one in New South Wales.

Police seized more than $6 million worth of property including 11 high performance drag racing vehicles - six cars and five motorcycles - at Yatala, south of Brisbane.

The prosecution opposed bail and had its bid for Mr Stevens to provide a surety rejected, as all of his assets have been frozen.

The court heard Mr Stevens also had outstanding debts owing to the Australian Taxation Office.

Mr Stevens' defence lawyer Andrew Bale said his client was not a flight risk as his passport had been confiscated and that he had not previously fled despite being under surveillance for some time.

Mr Stevens was granted bail on the condition that he have no contact with any of the co-accused or witnesses and he remain at his Narangba residence.

Personally I hope that he is left with nothing, it goe's against everything that people in Motorsport stand for, but that is just my opinion.

I LOVE THE TASTE OF A SALTY MAN MEMBER

Post subject: Re: Brett Stevens Arrested
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: bf xr8 ute & 67 fastback mustang

Power: 294 rwkw

SA, Australia

holy s**t ,but he would'nt be the first or last to fund his raceing that way. I feel for his family .

DRIVE HER STRAIGHT SIDEWAYS

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

eleanor wrote:
holy s**t ,but he would'nt be the first or last to fund his raceing that way. I feel for his family .

Name me another high profile racer in any catagory that has been busted for funding their sport though drugs?

I am not saying it does not happen, But I would put money on it thats it is not a common thing, and not worth the off the cuff comment that others are funding their sport through drugs.

I know alot of circuit guys, ALOT of circuit guys. and very well, well enough to know that this stuff is not happening.

Alot of people knew Brett was not squeeky clean. will be interesting to know exactly what role he played in all of this.

I can see the next underbally coming from this.

Underbelly 3, rubber, sand and sun...

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:12 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
eleanor wrote:

Name me another high profile racer in any catagory that has been busted for funding their sport though drugs?

I am not saying it does not happen, But I would put money on it thats it is not a common thing, and not worth the off the cuff comment that others are funding their sport through drugs.

I know alot of circuit guys, ALOT of circuit guys. and very well, well enough to know that this stuff is not happening.

Circuit racing is a whole different ballgame.

Drag racing is where it's happening.
Who remembers the first 9 second XR6T?
http://news.smh.com.au/national/man-had ... -51fg.html

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Melbourne is a seriously f**k up kettle of fish when it comes to performance cars. Like Underrbelly meets Fast and the Furious. Almost all of the tuning shops have been built from bad money. Not necessarily out of the shop owners pocket but rather that of the many customers walking in with fistfuls of drug money wanting to have the fastest car in town.
FFS even calaisturbo had workshop war threads with members arguing over Bresciani/Rajab/JPC being the best workshop in the country.

That poor bastard that had his nuts torched was 22 when that happened. I'm assuming he was between 18 and 21 when his car pulled the big numbers. Tell ya, one thing I didn't have that sort of cash sitting in my top drawer back when I was that age.

This has happened in the elite show scene as well. Anyone remember Dave Ritchie? I think he recently got released after helping run a car rebirthing racquet. He still hasn't worked a day in his life.

I think its prevalent wherever street based cars are involved. You don't see the Cowin family funding rocket industries from drug money. Same as Sainty and Sainty Speed works, or Jim read. That s**t wasn't built on drugs, but everything underneath it seems to be these days.

Can I ask you all one simple thing? Does any of you see this as a glamorous lifestyle?
Reason I ask is many young guys I have driven in the cab give me the impression they aspire to live out a life like this. The way they talk about it is like they glamorise it. Like selling a few thousand pills to own a 7 second car is their ambition.

Its certainly tarnished my opinion of drag racing. Every street meet I go to has 4 types of people.

The Middle aged man: Men in their 40's-50's who have paid their dues and can afford to tinker with some seriously tough cars.

The technically minded backyardie: Young guys who can tinker a little but do some work themselves (thus saving a s**t of money), and can show what a little Aussie ingenuity goes a long way.

The businessmen: Typically around the mid 30's bracket (can get to as young as 25) who are in a high paying job and want to play with their toys before they settle down.

The crook: Always have the most high tech and expensive setup available. Usually the most bling as well. Age ranges from late teens right through to mid 30's. Because bad money isn't declared income almost all of it goes into the car.

I'd gladly fork out money to see the first 3 groups week in week out as I aspire to be like one of them one day. The 4th group I could do without. Why should I pay to see them f**k peoples lives up week in week out and have fun whilst they are at it?

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:10 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
That poor bastard that had his nuts torched was 22 when that happened. I'm assuming he was between 18 and 21 when his car pulled the big numbers. Tell ya, one thing I didn't have that sort of cash sitting in my top drawer back when I was that age.

Other way round, Mr. 9 second XRT was one of the ones doing the torching.

Melbourne only seems like a fukked up kettle of fish because we had the largest 'street drag' scene for many many years.
Sydney's had the same thing, just less drag cars more Autosalon showcars and cut and shut 318i beemers with 10k paintjobs.
It'll turn around now that Sydney is cranking up with their drag racing scene, the drug money will start going towards some very tough cars.

I couldn't care less, I'm not competing against them, and the more tough cars you see the better IMO.
For the money made theres also the risk, only the dumb kunts do that s**t and think they are gonna get away with it forever.
They are usually the ones that get caught.

My opinion, no use sooking about it, s**t always gonna happen.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:

I think you might find out otherwise, I know of a few big $ spending ex or current dealers in various motorsports, just because they are ex and now have legit businesses does not make them any better, most of them used that illegal money to fund the business in the first place, scum is always SCUM.

Pity about Brett doing this, I always wondered how he got so far without major sponsors in the first place.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Being a truck driver for a few years can only get you so far. The rest has to come from somewhere.

There are a few guys in Group 3 that are "persons of interest" in regards to the recent organised gang violence happening in Sydney at the moment. These are people who I used to look up to with rose tinted glasses a few years ago. The media call it a bikie war but since when do a bunch of people who have never sat on a bike become bikies. "Notorious" springs to mind.

And who remembers that crooked Bumb Dave Ritchie. Everyone couldn't believe their eyes and ears when his situation came to light but most people in the Auto industry in his home town knew what was going on from the very beginning. Sure the name of the game is "innocent until proven guilty", but you just know some guys are crook.
Having said that it will be the shock of my life if I ever see a headline titled "big Victor Bray drugs charges" in the paper.

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I always liked the way his eyes looked in the kitten ads, pinned.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]