Fordmods Logo

BF XR6 139 rwkW ??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF XR6

SA, Australia

Thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it. I have a Herrod stainless steel exhaust and headers going on next week, and have since installed the typhoon airbox.

Oh and both cars mentioned were dynoed on the same day at KPM Motorsport in Adelaide. It should be interesting in round 2 later this year.

I was half considering a cam upgrade, but I am not sure if its the most economical way both monetray and fuel wise to extract power for the NA. On the other hand 190-195ish at the rears does sound quite good though. Should at least have it comparable to an XR6T or XR8 in terms of performance.

BF XR6 - Silhouette, 6 Speed Manual, Leather Interior, Premium Sound, 18" BF XR Rims, Herrod Stainless Steel Exhaust & Headers, Typhoon CAI.

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
kstevo, stop talking s**t aye.

you think porting and 'a cam' will bring up 50-100rwkw?
and you do realise the BA+ 4Ls are DOHC right?
You wind the boost up/ slap on a bigger turbo, not port the head and add a cam in DOHC turbos.
Also the BA motor isnt the best, how many kw does the FG have?
Also fwkw does not make a car look more powerful than it actually is, and if you'd believe it, its not all about rwkw either, theres something known as the power-to-weight ratio. bit more important than a rwkw figure.
im going to argue the point of "not port the head and change the cam" comment..

-Ther IS a cam set you can buy for the XR6 Turbo that once tuned can provide up to 20 RWKW... but it is pretty expensive..

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged BA XL ute

QLD, Australia

Is it an auto or manual?

BA XL ute.
P'maker headers',Hi flow cat,3" sports sytem,
Raptor V-clutched lightweight not intercooled,no tranny cooler,no worries.

Post subject: Dyno
Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

QLD, Australia

Hey mate,

You should be fairly content with that. I had my EF on the dyno yesterday. Tickford motor, port & polish and pacemaker comps and its a manual. It make 128rwkw.

The dyno operator said it was a fairly conservative dyno. An xr6t that usually runs 315rwkw ran a 279rwkw. So i believe him.

Im guessing on any other dyno i would have had about 140rwkw?

Hope that helps mate.

99 AU Fairlane Ghia V8 Black Leather, 19" ANZ 5+5's with 245/35 rubber
Full sound system. Extractors, Dual 2.25" exhaust.
Lowered on Tickford XR8 springs and shocks!!

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:35 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

my auto Xr6 BA pulled 138 stock. I think this one will produce more power once it loosens up

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

cArSiK wrote:
my auto Xr6 BA pulled 138 stock. I think this one will produce more power once it loosens up

yeah thats about the same as mine 145rwkws

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XR6

SA, Australia

Hi guys, I own the Ba Xr6 with 9,000km but now has 12,240km.Dyno run done when dead stock was 143.1kw at KPM.I have had mods done recently headers,exhaust,underdrive pulley,lower air intake,capa flash box and custom tune.Dyno run showed where mods were done 174.1kws.Car had a dyno run done at KPM only got 161.9kw??? very suprised.This other BF which had 139kw dead stock at KPM. Has only these mods done since, air intake,exhaust,headers,underdreive pulley got 170kw???.An increase of 30kw with no flash box or custom tune???.Shows how much Dyno runs vary,my runs vary from one dyno 31kw to 19kw another dyno.Every dyno and day is different air temp, flow and weather,How tight or if at all the rear is strapped down.The only way to find who has most kws and power is on a supervised drag strip.

Post subject: Re: BF XR6 139 rwkW ???
Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 07 BF XR6 Sedan

QLD, Australia

hey guys i have a bf 07 and i run it on a dyno before a service which was at 75000ks and got 146rwkw. I then changed oil,oil filter,plugs and put BMC filter in and got 152rwkw. So maybe he jst needs a good service. But then 139rwkws is still a little way off my 146rwkw

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

you have to realize you can run a car on a dyno 10 times in a row and have a variance of about 10rwkw..
every car comes out of the factory with the same power/torque but every car will get different results on a dyno, just because yours makes more then his doesn't mean yours is healthier.

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

4dlvr wrote:
you have to realize you can run a car on a dyno 10 times in a row and have a variance of about 10rwkw..
every car comes out of the factory with the same power/torque but every car will get different results on a dyno, just because yours makes more then his doesn't mean yours is healthier.

why not state the obvious for a change :roll:

PAVIE wrote:
capa flash box and custom tune.Dyno run showed where mods were done 174.1kws......Car then had a dyno run done at KPM only got 161.9kw??? .

you'll find alot of tuners will give you a huge figure to masturbate over, to show how theyre better than the last place you went to. Ask anyone who's been to Chiptorque :lol:

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

why do people compare e series to b series, its a different generation. i'm sure the bf's have less power loss from the flywheel
then the e series, 139rwkw sounds a little low to me..is it tuned/serviced.
And werent they asking if the kw's sound right not what you can do to get more lol

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2