Fordmods Logo

EL FAIRMONT GHIA 

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

memnoch wrote:
good luck finding one in melbourne for 15k with very low k's, rip offs here,, cheaper in other states, there are a couple with low k's in QLD

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales ... stance=500

Hoestly Id sugest looking in NSW/QLD for a new car; i know its a small hassel of the distance, but it could quite easily save you 2-4k!!!
Same as if i lived in tassy, id look in NSW or VIC if desperate as tassy is $$$, rekon 20k easy for a el ghia there.

I always hated the idea of buying interstate untill i went up to bribie island to see some family for few weeks n seeing the car prices up there; it changed my mind and thats how i found such a good deal.

My uncle even got his new gtp from interstate; not to sure if he ended up getting from sydney or brissy thou, smart man either way.

Something to think about.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8

VIC, Australia

Vic wrote:
msman wrote:
Last Updated 27-MAR-2005
Vehicle 1997 FORD FAIRMONT EL Ghia
Price $19,000
Kilometres 83,000

Body 4 door Sedan
Colour White
Interior Colour Coffee
Transmission 4 speed Automatic
Engine 8 cylinder Petrol Multi-point injected 5.0L (4942cc)
Reg Plate QZN 824
Reg Expiry MAY-2005
Road Worthy Certificate Yes
Brief Comments All available Genuine Factory extras have been added to this vehicle!!
Long Comments 17" GT Rims, Full Factory Body Kit, GT Tickford Suspension, Exhaust, 3.45 LSD. Duel Electric Front Seats, Factory Sunroof, Factory upgraded onboard computer. Engine and Gear Oil Cooler. GT Steering Wheel. This car is in beautiful condition!!! OFFERS CONSIDERED.

if ur still lookin, abit pricey though
on carsales.com.au

$19,000? :shock:

Pffft. Tell him he's dreamin'.

yeh i called dis guy n he said he will go 2 $18000 thats all

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

He's asking for far more than even redbook allows for a pristine EL Ghia. They are now 8 years old and not worth that sort of money IMO.

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo

Power: 303 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Sorry Vic but I wouldn't even piss on the red book values no matter what they say.
I think this car should be looked at a more 'unique' perspective. Yes you can get an el ghia v8 for maybe $14-$15, but one with 84,000 kms is an absolute bonus.
If you weigh up the mods, providing these are the mods that you want then I'd nearly pay the extra $4K or whatever it turns out to be.

The original tickford kit is rare but a great option to have, as a cheap fibreglass one these days will cost you $1600.
The el gt steering wheel and dye (cappa int.) $600.
EL GT original wheels, nearly wont find any these days but if you do and put rubber on them you're going to be looking at nearly $3000.
The sunroof is golden, cause if you want one, your looking at $2000.

I say these mods out of experience cause I have put all of these mods on my car that I didn't get when I paid $15K for mine - so in the thick of it, your looking at a $22,200 just to get it up to specs, and thats not including other things such as exhaust, springs and whatever else you may want to do.

So for $7200 worth of 'aftermarket' and 'original' mods that makes the cost of the car $11,800, which i think is more than reasonable. You also have to weigh up availabilty of the wheels, EL Ghia V8's that were optioned with the kit, low kilometers etc etc.

I think i've rattled off enough but once you come up with the extra $$$ for mods once you pay another $14-$15 for the car your going to be paying more than $19K in the long run.

EL Fairmont Ghia V8 Turbo 303rwkw

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I can follow what you're saying about the price of the extras should someone be wanting to fit them after purchase of an EL Ghia but the price is still too high. Its just too much.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It probably is a little high considering the extras are in 'used' condition, but then again you have to look at the car in a more unique perspective.

Like Daniel's FBT, you either buy an FBT or you don't, you pay for low kilometers and condition of the vehicle. Whereas with the Ghia that is going to involve modifications, you have to put a price on the mods.
I reckon if you got that particular car for $17 you'd be on a winner, providing the mods are to your taste.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Well my car had 87K when I bought it a year ago and the previous owner was asking for $15,000 at the time. He knew it was overpriced as well as I did and of course the price came down. If someone wants to buy that particular car advertised for $19,000 then he's losing a lot of money on the deal.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU III XR8 347ci

ACT, Australia

offyaguts wrote:
It probably is a little high considering the extras are in 'used' condition, but then again you have to look at the car in a more unique perspective.

Like Daniel's FBT, you either buy an FBT or you don't, you pay for low kilometers and condition of the vehicle. Whereas with the Ghia that is going to involve modifications, you have to put a price on the mods.
I reckon if you got that particular car for $17 you'd be on a winner, providing the mods are to your taste.

Im with you here mate.
IMO, the price is a little high, but if its EXACTLY what you're after, ie. with the mods and all, then you're laughing -> $18,000 with no more to spend.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

VIC, Australia

with all those mods, and low K's. i think it's a not bad price,, nothing to spend
all the options, and electric seats thats a bonus

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Post subject: update
Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8

VIC, Australia

how r u guys, i still havnt found a car, so if any of you can help it would be apreciated

thanks

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 87181&rd=1

Try that one - fairly cheap too so if you got it at that price you could have some $$$ leftover to put a few goodies on!!! eg. kit, different rims, sunroof etc.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef fairmont ghia 5.0 V8

VIC, Australia

ive been thinking of selling mine. its a ef fairmont ghia v8 5.0 7/96 silver, electric sunroof, full leather, AUII 17s, xr8 headers twin cat exhurst, tinted windows, factory 6 stack cd with 2 x 12in sony subs. 187000kms im third owner, service books, history,very clean inside out, im in melbourne if i get the right price maybe i would sell it.

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Even I'd sellfor the right price - as we all would lol.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4