Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 9 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyTimTim's 93 ED Mods
Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

offers always there tim, just send me a pm and besides stop givng me ideas for the wagon as the fairmont will be getting most of the attention :twisted:

cheers bear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:03 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ro88bo wrote:
Yeah of course i would with the appropiate Ambo discount!! and i only said i thought it was that much!! :mrgreen:

I'm confused what are we talking about here? :?

BEAR80 wrote:
offers always there tim, just send me a pm and besides stop givng me ideas for the wagon as the fairmont will be getting most of the attention :twisted:

cheers bear

Thanks for that Bear will keep that in mind if I need it in the future...

ashcook wrote:
timmytimtim wrote:
Cheap upgrade really... Providing your prepared for the elbow grease and can source BA parts... Sorry to steal yours :(

I think you've done well. Like you said, you could have paid more for just the wheel.

Don't worry about the parts mate, you know I'll have more cars. :mrgreen: Especially by the time I actually get to do the mods. :roll:

I've got something in mind for the airbag anyway, something very different. 8-)

ro88bo wrote:
ashcook wrote:
I'm hoping to get some spanners on the ute soon mate. Even if it is only a hour here or there. I am also thinking of selling my EL Momo wheel to fund a nice BF one. 8-)

Ok Ash.....now you have me attention!!

Great work tim!!

You and Tim have both had me thinking mate.

Would you be keen on that $1200 option? haha :lol:

What are you doing with the airbag? :P

That's good then, at least you'll have the spare parts again, maybe... You'll enjoy it as much as I do I'm sure... :P

Still don't know what you and Rob are on about... :cry:

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Hey Tim

I think ash is saying a EL momo wheel would look good in my ute once i hand over the measly fee of $1200!! hahaha. This is following a discussion we had earlier.

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:36 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Oh I thought that was it... And then I though 1200 bucks... Na he can't be talking about the momo for that much...

That's tight Ash... :P

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Excellent work as usual Tim.

I don't have an off button for my cruise setup, and it has not been an issue at all.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Hahaha, Rob told me the EL wheel was a $1200 option when ordering the car new. We'd been talking about your BA wheel mod and his and mine. I was giving a stir that my wheel would be at least worth that much :lol: :lol:
But the way some of those new ones on ebay are going, they'll end up somewhere high. Bloody nuts!!!

Was thinking about starting some wood grain finish on the car. Except unlike the typical Fairmont/Fairlane trim, using real wood and make the airbag from maybe some featured Blackheart Sassafras mixed with Huon. Be a nice little start to the new business maybe. Was also thinking about losing the hard lid and making a timber one of them too. See how we go :D

I don't do wood grain... Does nothing for me... Each to their own though... At least you know what that wheel is really worth though Ash... Look out Rob... The more I drive with the BA momo the more I love it... :mrgreen:

BenJ wrote:

I don't have an off button for my cruise setup, and it has not been an issue at all.

Cheers
BenJ

Thanks for that Ben

Yeah you had the custom switches made up on the bracket behind the that aftermarket wheel? Or has that changed since I last saw that? I thought the general consensus might be that most people don't use them... I don't the old man doesn't...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Still be interesting to see what you come up with none-the-less... Different timbers do certainly contrast very well... So that might interesting... Let me know what you come up with...

Seeing the wheel has so much space inside it without an airbag, if I make up this flip flop circuit for the cruise button I'll glue/velcro it in there I think, saves arguing under the dash... Also when I buy a head unit that supports aftermarket radio buttons I'll mount the adaptor module in the wheel too... May as well use that space for something...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

ssshhhh man... don't tell anyone... :P

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:17 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yay...

That'll finish it off nicely... From side on you can see the clock spring as the shrouds cover it on BA and the wheel covers it on EL so now its bare... Might make up something for it, might not... You need see it anyway...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah maybe some 90 or 100mm stormwater PVC might be a firm press fit over the thingo on the back of the wheel... lick of black paint and it'll hide very nicely... Don't know if it'll work yet, haven't measured it...

What do I care... I have a Momo again :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

timmytimtim wrote:
ashcook wrote:
Hahaha, Rob told me the EL wheel was a $1200 option when ordering the car new. We'd been talking about your BA wheel mod and his and mine. I was giving a stir that my wheel would be at least worth that much :lol: :lol:
But the way some of those new ones on ebay are going, they'll end up somewhere high. Bloody nuts!!!

Was thinking about starting some wood grain finish on the car. Except unlike the typical Fairmont/Fairlane trim, using real wood and make the airbag from maybe some featured Blackheart Sassafras mixed with Huon. Be a nice little start to the new business maybe. Was also thinking about losing the hard lid and making a timber one of them too. See how we go :D

I don't do wood grain... Does nothing for me... Each to their own though... At least you know what that wheel is really worth though Ash... Look out Rob... The more I drive with the BA momo the more I love it... :mrgreen:

BenJ wrote:

Cheers
BenJ

Thanks for that Ben

Yeah you had the custom switches made up on the bracket behind the that aftermarket wheel? Or has that changed since I last saw that? I thought the general consensus might be that most people don't use them... I don't the old man doesn't...

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim

I used to have them on a bracket behind the wheel, but I currently have different buttons mounted in the steering wheel spokes.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ben,

Thats my bad... I need to get out of my own world and up with the times... :roll:

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Update...

I love my wheel... :mrgreen:

I managed to get my LED strips this week for my re-vamped footwell courtesy lighting...

I bought some cheap ones previously and you couldn't even strip the wire without breaking them... They were crap... So I went all out for these which were 15 bucks each:

Attachment:
DSC_0949.JPG

Ok they cam with this cheap nasty idea for a plug...

Attachment:
DSC_0951.JPG

there was no way it'd stay in under its own will... So I could've taped it in, but I went all out and soldered the wires into the pin holes... They wont fall out now... Guaranteed... :)

Attachment:
DSC_0952.JPG

A bit of glue lined heatshrink (glue ensures it doesn't move from where it was shrunk, plus gives huge shrink ratio of 4:1 over conventional 2:1 sizing) gives insulation and great strain relief...

Attachment:
DSC_0953.JPG

and a quick trial run to ensure they still work fine (fairly bright little suckers):

Attachment:
DSC_0955.JPG

just had to put a plug on the end and then fit them to the car... I only fitted the drivers last night (gets dark early now), two cable ties around the steering column, plugged into the purpose ran plugs I put in when I had the dash out...

Not sure where I'll put the passenger one yet, so I have it trial mounted for tonight to see how well it works out... If I like it when I go to work then it'll get drilled and cable tied too...

One more pic in next post:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Did I mentioned they were fairly bright?

Attachment:
DSC_0957.JPG

They actually s**t all over the interior light... So now I have to work out a way to implement them into that... :? They'd make great interior lights that's for sure...

Let us know what you think anyway...

Cheers,
Tim

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

Hey Tim, i think now if you drop something you'll be able to find it very bloody quickly :lol:

and where did you get them from?

BANNED USER

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 78  Next