Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 11 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyTimTim's 93 ED Mods
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Wow man, they are bright! I like the idea of the LED interior light, and it's so cheap too!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

Yeah, now you can see the ECU if you need a spare one :lol:

BANNED USER

Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

tony.martin11 wrote:
Yeah, now you can see the ECU if you need a spare one :lol:

Must put the cover back on that too... :roll: Had it off so when I got it dynoed it was a simple swap for the EEC-V with the chip... Not even sure where I put that kick panel now... :?

Cheers all...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Ford Falcon XG

VIC, Australia

yer ive been suffering brightness issues in the cluster but those one do look bright enough ill get them a shot.cheers for the link

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Something a bit off the car track...

I'm all into doing hard yakka related activities the easiest was possible...

So there is a hydraulic tipper trailer at work which is so easy to unload... nothing worse than busting your a** to load crap into trailer and then have to unload it out again... So the hydraulic tipper is the best thing ever...

When I bought a trailer I wanted one but did have the cash... So I settle for a manual tipper... only drama was it pivots at the wheels and didn't quite go high enough to completely unload everything in it... So a week ago I thought I can make this go higher with an electric winch... so $70 ebay special later and the trailer went from tipping like this (excuse crap mobile phone pics):

Attachment:
20062010(004).jpg

to this with help from the winch...

Attachment:
20062010(007).jpg

so that should make life much easier... :mrgreen:

no the trial fit worked good just gotta make up a mounting plate for it so it can be easily removed when not required... add an attachment point on the back to hook onto and some small-ish solid wheels so the rear can roll forward, mounted to the rear and also detachable... And extend some power from the distro block to an Anderson connector there somewhere...

Just for a different tune to fiddling with the car... :D

Cheers,
Tim

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

easy way to change a tyre on the trailer :lol:

BANNED USER

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

tony.martin11 wrote:
easy way to change a tyre on the trailer :lol:

hey well thats true too... didn't think of that... same as the trucks at work are easy to change wheels on... you don't need a jack, just use the outriggers... still a lot of very tight wheel nuts on them though...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Hi All,

Been fairly busy lately modifying my trailer to tip further... But spent some time this weekend on a future mod...

But first up final pics of the column for the BA wheel...

First just the combo switch, you can see the two dodgy spots on the arms where I had to cut the plastic hole fill bits off as they hung outside the shrouds on the smaller ED column...

Attachment:
DSC_0999.JPG

Then with the clock spring clipped on

Attachment:
DSC_1000.JPG

and lastly with the shrouds on...

Attachment:
DSC_1001.JPG

So then all you do is bolt the wheel on and plug in the horn pad and bolt it up too... The look of that didn't change much...

More to come on the next mod...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ok so next in line...

Following BenJ in his initial EL cluster in the ED dash...

Not to steel Ben's light or anything :wink: but I thought I'd go all creative and make a steel adaptor bracket for the new cluster...

It all worked great in the end... The cluster sits very nice and the gaps around the top are minimal... Lots and lots of trial and error with this sort of thing... Put it in, pull it out, nic the weld, move the lug, tack it again, put it back in the car... Same process over and over... Got sick of the trip out of the shed in the end... But thrilled with the results...

Now bare with me, but its not the most attractive looking thing but it certainly serves its purpose...

First up front view,

Attachment:
DSC_0993.JPG

Front view from bottom right corner

Attachment:
DSC_0995.JPG

Rear view

Attachment:
DSC_0996.JPG

Rear view from bottom left corner

Attachment:
DSC_0997.JPG

This basically picks up the side mounts on the EL series clusters and converts them to the top and bottom mounts for the ED dash...

More pics and info to come shortly...

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Oh Yeah Tim, all sent today with the right address. they estimated it should be there late wednesday, thursday or at the very latest friday (as i sent it just after the bloody truck picked up the mail :evil: )

EDIT: i forgot, nice work. 8-) how long did it take to fabricate it?

BANNED USER

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ok... now its a massive puzzle to work out how to make it and then be able to get it into the dash...

For those who have never tried, the EL cluster with 4 tabs hanging off the sides only just fits in the hole in the ED dash... The left two tabs sit in behind the heater controls to be able to get the cluster in the middle...

So to get it in you insert the right hand side of the steel bracket in the hole first, push it over up against the air con duct to get the left hand side of the bracket to miss the heater controls, you then lift it up and flex the bottom slightly to get the bottom tabs to go over the top of the speed nuts down the bottom...

Next you insert the left side of the cluster in behind the heater controls, and flex the right side of the cluster so the tab clears the edge of the penning in the dash... Then wriggle it until it falls into your bracket...

You then slide the whole assembly as far right as possible and you can just get the left two bolts in the cluster... Then slide those two bolts in behind the heater controls and using the original speed nuts but the steel bracket to the car... you can then just get in the right hand side to get the two bolts in the right hand side of the cluster...

I used the factory ford fine thread bolts used in later ED's which are M5x.8 and I tapped the steel to suit, which is 20x3mm flat steel...

You then end up with something that sits like this...

Attachment:
DSC_0988.JPG

a couple of shots of either side...

Attachment:
DSC_0991.JPG

Attachment:
DSC_0992.JPG

More pics to come...

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Tony,

This morning and yesterday arvo so about a day all up of trialling and adjusting...

Thanks for sending that off mate...

Back to it...

More pics of surround clipped in and the gaps it gives...

Attachment:
DSC_0981.JPG

and a couple of angles of the left side (larger gap as EL cluster tappers, ED cluster is straight)

Attachment:
DSC_0982.JPG

Attachment:
DSC_0984.JPG

and of the right side (smaller gap, EL cluster tappers again, ED cluster tappers too, but not quite as much)

Attachment:
DSC_0983.JPG

Attachment:
DSC_0985.JPG

Biggest thing to look out for is what I had to do the bottom left corner on the bracket... It did look identical to the bottom right when I started but I had to change it as there is a white metal brace in behind the heater controls, I could've removed it, but figured its there for a reason So I changed that bottom corner to miss it...

Thanks pretty much it for me tonight...

Getting cluster to finishing my trailer mod to, so I might throw some pics of that up too at a later date... Been thoroughly enjoying all this metal lately... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Does the ED black housing and perspex fit onto the NF cluster base? (of course with a few mods if it isnt a direct fit)

BANNED USER

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Na you'd end up with gaps still because the facia is pretty much straight down the sides and the cluster tapers...

Plus the ED facia is made that stupid perspex light refractor in the top of it... Will be just as easy to fill these gaps in than any other... I'll the use the black bit of the ED cluster I'm ruining and cut it up and heat them to give them the curl and glue them to something, same colour and already has the curve to match the black panel, just gotta put the curve on it to suit the cluster...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Very Very Nice.

I wish I could weld.

I am pleased to see that you have taken my getto DIY bracket system into the realms of master craftsmanship.

Now for the wiring HEHE.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 78  Next