Fordmods Logo

XH Ute - Electric Windows?? into XF Wagon, EFI Head -> XF 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:12 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

You can download the Ford Equipment fit/options brochure for the XH series at Fordforums.com.au, along with some of the other falcon models also . . . . . .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Some XH utes came with the option of power windows (or else someone had them fitted to mine) the XH II came with the ef/el basic engine (94ab on the head and block & distributor not coil pack) with the edII manifold setup, the outback came with the el xr6 basic engine but still with the ed II manifold but the xr6 box and hydra rear end . The Xh XR6 (lucky buggers) got the tickford donk inc bbm manifold complete eecv compatability and cute headlights.

There is no substitue for cubic revs.....

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

i've seen 3-4 'splash" utes, 1X V8 and a couple of I6's, none of them had the power windows

the power window gear from an XF will transfer straight into an XH door, cos for all intents and purposes they're identical

Banned

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Use and XF Fairmont Ghia Interior if you cant get it : They were definetly the nicest of them - Especially the Tan interior

You might be able to make up a D/S Power Windows control using the rear window switches from the XF - so that you dont have all the extra switches that arent being used. The XF had 2 switches so that you could switch on an interior light.

Dont forget that XF Motors are the same as XD, which also go back further in the model line as well.

Otherwise....

Put in the XF Power window Motors, and Mod up an EB console switch to fit. That would give you your two power window switches, as well as two other switches you could use for winches, power antennas, or anything else silly like that.

When your actually changing the Motors into the door, you Need to drill out the rivets holding the current winder in, and Then use either 10mm bolts (short) to bolt the new motors in, or go to ford and buy replacement rivets. Im told they arent that expensive.

Cheers

Nigel

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

Did ED Futuras have front power windows? If so, they'd have a two switch console that could be used.

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

tan velour? nice? are you kidding?

Banned

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Territory TX AWD & AUII XLS EGAS

NSW, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
tan velour? nice? are you kidding?

If I had tan interior ... that'd be the first thing I'd rip out of the car .... I much prefer the grey.

04 Territory TX AWD - Winter White - optioned up
06 Falcon BFII XLS ute EGAS - Winter White - EGA-54D Version 2

Post subject: Yeah
Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:26 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

XG's and XH's utes and panels vans weren't able to be optioned with power windows. Although you can buy aftermarket fitting kits for almost anycar for power windows. The internal skin for the Xf-XH door skins and dash console are all interchangable, they use practically the same mounting. i'm doing up my xf and i have an XH crash pad in mine, looks sweet. Also i'm going to fit some XH doors to it, for power windows and the XH looking mirrors.

As for the 4.1 head fitting on a 4.0l nope not gonna happen. Completely different bottom end. Major block changes took place from xf - ea. ea - au are the same block though and all heads are interchangable, as are intake and exaust manifolds.

Muff

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

why not just fit the XH mirrors to the existing doors?

Banned

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:46 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Mechan1k wrote:
As far as I know there are no power windows in the XGs or XHs .... I have been toying with the idea of using the XF Fairmont Ghia power window motors and other bits and pieces ... and getting E-series power window buttons and using them in the centre console. This is for my XG ute.
I'm doing this mod at the moment with the XF gear - there are a few surprises, but none that are difficult to get around.
Interceptor wrote:
yea, there are aftermarket kits available, but i reckon the easiest option would be to put the XF regs&motors in, just make sure you've got a good supply of spare motors! lol
I'd recommend before using the motors to strip them down and give them a service - the ones I got were fairly corroded inside, but come up quite okay after, although the "scissors" assy was fairly worn - not unexpected after 20 yrs + use. I notice other forums have highlighted the issue with motors - maybe this is because the motors aren't serviced but used & used without any maintenance to them??

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

biggest problem i've found isnt the motors (ever tried getting that motherf*****g ball bearng in past the magnets??) but the metal gearthat sits inside the plastic gear in the gearbox slowly flogging the crap out of the inside of the plastic gear

Banned

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:21 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
biggest problem i've found isnt the motors (ever tried getting that motherf*****g ball bearng in past the magnets??)
Yep - ginned around for an hour to do that - then it dawned on me to use a drinking straw :idea:
Interceptor wrote:
but the metal gearthat sits inside the plastic gear in the gearbox slowly flogging the crap out of the inside of the plastic gear
Yeah, I found the motor I was using was slipping in areas, and the motor would freely run once the assy reached full window up or down - turns out the motor I was using must have been dismantled, as the three plastic "blocks" that fit inside that plastic gear along with the metal one weren't there - after I put them in, worked like a charm. The other motors I've checked with this complete assy don't seem to be worn much at all - maybe your's are missing these bits too ???

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i've only ever seen the plastic gear with the metal gear that drives the regulator, nothing else in the gearbox..... when the plastic gear gets flogged out on the inside, i fill the bugger up with araldite and drop the metal gear in it, lave it to set and bingo!

Banned

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:04 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Interceptor wrote:
i've only ever seen the plastic gear with the metal gear that drives the regulator, nothing else in the gearbox..... when the plastic gear gets flogged out on the inside, i fill the bugger up with araldite and drop the metal gear in it, lave it to set and bingo!
Well these three blocks do similar - I'll get a happy snap and post it here soon.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Interceptor wrote:

yeah that's what i did on my old esp, works a treat, and probably won't ever stuff up.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2