Major Service on an EB 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Major Service on an EB
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey guys.

Im new to your forum, and was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

I've always wanted to be able to do a major service on my car, but only ever known the basics, ie: fill up fluids, etc. :oops:

I came across this technical document:
fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/the-routine-oil-change-t86839.html

I did it, all worked well.

But are there more documents like this, explaining how to do a major service? :D

Post subject: Re: Major Service on an EB
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

well a major would be plugs, air and fuel filters, oil and oil filter and check of brakes. could do a auto trans service and leads if needed.

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EB Fairmont

VIC, Australia

That's right.

I just wanted to know if anybody wrote up steps on how to do them :)

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

service manual

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

Really quite simple. Remove old part, put new part back in its place, make sure its around the right way, make sure its not leaking if applicable. Not rocket science.

The trans service is easy too, get a big wide container and sling it under the trans, undo the back row of bolts to the sump and remove them completely, one by one work your way towards the front of the sump pan until its just the front row holding on. Be aware that trans fluid is going to piss out everywhere when you do this as the pan will progressively become inclined at an angle allowing fluid out. This is normal. Undo the front row of bolts slowly until they are all out. Remove the pan and take it away for a good inspection and clean. Allow the trans to drain for 10 - 15 minutes. Remove the funny little clip holding the filter in and replace the filter with the new one, make sure you re-install the funny looking clip. Make sure all the old gasket compound is off of the mating surfaces where the sump pan fits to the trans, put the new gasket around the right way, carefully put the pan back up under the trans and do up the bolts in a diagonally alternating pattern. Dont overtighten, just firm is enough. Assuming you have the early four speed, pour in app 80% of the amount of fluid as required by the owners manual or service book. Kick the car in the guts for a moment or two, foot on the brake and click through the gears then back to park. Motor still running check th level on the dipstick, adjust as necessary. If you have the later 4 speed with the plug on the side, only god can save you. hehe. That wasnt so bad was it?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]