Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: BOSS
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:48 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU I forte

WA, Australia

Hi folks
Sorry if its already out there

I'm thinking of putting a boss 260/290 in an F100 (need to buy the truck first)

I want to use a megasquirt to control it, i'm just wondering, whats the ignition system used on the BOSS'? coil on spark? 36-1 missing toothed wheel and variable reluctance sensor?

i was thinking about efi'ing a 351 or 400 cleveland/windsor, but i don't see the point; especially when a boss is modern and just better, i like the idea of no push rods and quad cams.

are there any boss experts out there?

thanks

PH 4480 racing extractors
lukey 2.5" sports exhaust
Chopper 19"x245 mags
pioneer deck, 6"x1.5" Splits (F) and 6" 3-way speakers (R)
Precision response 4x 100w amp and 1000w mono 10" sub
Got so much more to go!
tint, breaks and spoiler next!

Post subject: Re: BOSS
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: BA Fairmont Giah v8+more

NSW, Australia

bradders wrote:
Hi folks

I want to use a megasquirt to control it, i'm just wondering, whats the ignition system used on the BOSS'? coil on spark? 36-1 missing toothed wheel and variable reluctance sensor?

i was thinking about efi'ing a 351 or 400 cleveland/windsor, but i don't see the point; especially when a boss is modern and just better, i like the idea of no push rods and quad cams.

thanks

the lightining truck came out with a 3v supercharged 5.4 with variable cam timing similar to what we run in our ba,bf ,and i think fg? fairmonts and xt, rtv ect.....they have no supercharger and a different bottomend to what we run over here but there is alot of potentiol in these 3v as far as torque goes over the 4v in aus and the states at the moment for nat asp they we are getting some good figures check out my thread ba5.4 3vbiuld. i am running one of these engines with mods and i think you may be interested also check out my gallery if you ant pics on the 3v the boss doesnt have variable cam timing which is were they loose there torque which is what you want for a f-truck and i got a f truck in the yard a bloke said he wanted it ages ago but you can have it if ya want it ill ring him once and see if he answers if not its yours trayback supply pics if ya want and its orange

Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

bradders wrote:
Hi folks

thanks

the lightining truck came out with a 3v supercharged 5.4 with variable cam timing similar to what we run in our ba,bf ,and i think fg? fairmonts and xt, rtv ect.....they have no supercharger and a different bottomend to what we run over here but there is alot of potentiol in these 3v as far as torque goes over the 4v in aus and the states at the moment for nat asp they we are getting some good figures check out my thread ba5.4 3vbiuld. i am running one of these engines with mods and i think you may be interested also check out my gallery if you ant pics on the 3v the boss doesnt have variable cam timing which is were they loose there torque which is what you want for a f-truck and i got a f truck in the yard a bloke said he wanted it ages ago but you can have it if ya want it ill ring him once and see if he answers if not its yours trayback supply pics if ya want and its orange

Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

bradders wrote:
Hi folks

thanks

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

sorry about that my comp is playing up anyway i got lightining truck supercharger coilpacks and injectors and rail and also the pulley and twinthrottlebody intake but will need bottom end upgrade if your seriously interested and want someone to biuld it pm me, no time wasters must have cash

Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

36-1 VR pickup
logic level C.O.P

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
36-1 VR pickup
logic level C.O.P

thanks xr9ute

wow, logic level COP makes sequential igntion too easy! there must be a cam positioning sensor aswel? VR pickup?

Going with a modular engine really looks like the way to go!

i suppose the major advantage of COP is you can have longer dwell duration?

i'd probably MSIIe it for the time being, considering that the firmware is fairly stable (have been using it in my AU falcon) which would rule out COP, but i can't see why i couldn't split signals and just run a pseudo-waste spark using COP, i guess i'd just have to go with slightly shorter dwell durations considering the coils would be ignited twice as often.

fairmont54 wrote:
and i got a f truck in the yard a bloke said he wanted it ages ago but you can have it if ya want it ill ring him once and see if he answers if not its yours trayback supply pics if ya want and its orange

I'm just formulating ideas at the moment so i don't want to be a time-waster, but if you could throw up a few pics, how much you want for it, if its running/rego... I'll certainly look into it.

fairmont54 wrote:
lightining truck supercharger coilpacks and injectors and rail and also the pulley and twinthrottlebody intake

Thanks for the offer, but i think i'll go with the modular engine idea. Looks like it will be a lot easier than modding and old engine onto EFI. Unless i've gotten a bit confused?

Chopper 19"x245 mags
Got so much more to go!

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

oh sorry, just realised your in NSW, so picking up the F'y might be a tricky; i'm in WA

Chopper 19"x245 mags
Got so much more to go!

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 pm 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

Yep VR for the CID also.
Of course the lightning stuff is for a 2V engine....ok if you have a massive bonnet bulge or an effy as you do. In an effy you'd need an intake from BPT for the M112 on a 4V engine.
If you don't have an engine a new coyote crate engine and controls package is the way to go I think.
Or a 6.8 V10 is also a good'n for an effy.

Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

the lightnig stuuff i have is of a 3v and its what the truck had in it ,2005 model i think from memory but def of a 3v 5.4 with yank motor being the better bottom end, with the charger on it from factory

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:11 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

No unfortunately no lightnings were 3V's. In fact the last Lightning was in 2004.
There were some Roush and Saleen specials after '04 but these used their own tvs type blowers not the M112. The Harley Davidson specials used the V10 instead after '04.

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

my bad then, must off just imagined the engine had three valves in the head when i took it apart and the blower is now sitting on a customers car 3v,ba,xt, will get pics. all coil pcks and fuell rails same, but injectors different gonna look at the heads tomorrow and see if there 2v or 3v (of the factory motor out of the truck that is)

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 am 
EFI Guru

WA, Australia

There are aftermarket blower intakes for 3V 5.4's. This is probably what you have?

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Coyote

Hmm ?? Nice...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/pa ... ield=11829

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/pa ... ield=12284

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]