Fordmods Logo

p****d off about the way V8 supertaxi's are run. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: p****d off about the way V8 supertaxi's are run.
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford FG XR6

SA, Australia

Lowlane7 wrote:
Supercars nowdays are s**t.

It's pointless watching machines made all to pretty much the same specs, with a different shell, racing around a track with .001 second time differences. It's all down to driver skill now.

Gone are the days of watching the XY vs the Torana, or the coupes and monaros. Now THATS racing, there was a lot more skill in takin a corner at 100Ks in a XB coupe than doin the same in a current BF/VE shelled supercar.

Plus how many ford teams are there now anyway? 4? 6? And the rest of the 30 or whatever cars are all f**k holdens!

It's my only b**ch about ford.

I say ditch the s**t cars altogether and put all the drivers currently racing into factory made production cars. Make up a field of 30 cars (30 licences available per year) and run 15 falcons and 15 crapadores. That would provide even viewing for both sides of the fence and you would see real racing of cars that you can buy like the good old days. Only mod being a cage for safety. Run everything else standard that each car runs from factory. I am bored out of my f**k brains watching the current s**t.

GROW some FKCUING nuts and get a real race team going!

Till then it's a huge waste of money, but it's HSVs stupid money from stupid people who buy the stupid cars, so I hues the can spend it as stupidly as they stupid well want.....stupid Holden...

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

v8 touring cars is pretty much factory power, then theres the utes which are pretty much factory. times/rules have changed you can't bring back the old ways and think its gonna be the same, it never is.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

The result today is wrong as well. JW passed VG (who was ahead at the time) by cutting the track and did not yield the position as he is bound to by the rules.... Yet again officialdom have no clue. They need sponsorship from OPSM I swear.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

member No. 250! it's not only Ford Fans who need to get behind this, I have a lot of mates who support the enemy and they were just as disapointed with the weekends going-on's as the Ford fans.
WTF has happened to the V8 supercars :evil: Greatest show on wheels my a**! It's turning out to be more like the WWF wrestling circus every year this s**t is allowed to go on. The whole weekend just felt staged and the results were rigged as far as I'm concerned. shame, v8 supercars, shame :twisted:

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Request sent.
V8 supercars has turned into a complete and utter joke.
Fair enough it is a money making machine but if it was run fairly and consistantly maybe they could reattract fans that have left due to there narrow minded $$$$ making ways and ultimately make more?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:41 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Not just the bad official judgements, but the stupid rules.

If I were a team owner or a series driver, I'd be p****d that my championship gets ruined cause we have to run with an international (who may be a great driver, but has zero experience in a V8SC on a street track) noob ruining the race/crashing the car.

Why are the sprint tyres only for certain tracks, give every car a set for every race.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

The concept of endurance street races with international drivers is rather good but the f**k is that it is held during a champoinship round. That is what kills it. And to make matters worse this years champoinship has been ridiculously tight compared to previous years.

Whatever happened to bathurst and surfers being non championship rounds where the teams bring their number 2 cars, not give a s**t and generally let their hair down.

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

Its just gotten too corporatised. Its too professional for its own good. You look at it from the outside and these guys are trying to be australias answer to formula one. That is why club racing will always be the best racing in australia. The drivers are usually still at the track at 9pm having a sanga and a beer, and you can get access to just about anyone. Not to mention if you need somethen to get you in the last race of the day, someone will generally lend it to you to keep the grid full. Comradery is dead in the big league. They may say theyre mates off track, but I tend to think thats more PR spin than actual fact.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2