Fordmods Logo

Show us your gas injection 

Page 7 of 11 [ 164 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post subject: Re: Show us your gas injection
Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
I remember years ago chasing up dividing fences laws - what a surprise, every state has one, but most of the content is very similar.

Grrr fence laws, I wasted two days in court due to furkknuckles fighting over a fence, I was there for a more important mater, but these idiots tied up the courts with childish rubbish over a fence, grrr I would have only wasted a few hours otherwise, even the judge was getting annoyed.

All states should have the same rules and "fee's", and as much as many from other states would hate it, I do believe they should adopt annual inspections, I have lived and stayed in other states, how there has not been more accidents would only because of luck, not good management.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Macca wrote:

All states should have the same rules and "fee's", and as much as many from other states would hate it, I do believe they should adopt annual inspections, I have lived and stayed in other states, how there has not been more accidents would only because of luck, not good management.

couldn't agree with you more. some of the s**t boxes getting around this state is just scary

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA on gas. EL on gas. XF on gas.

SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Macca wrote:

couldn't agree with you more. some of the s**t boxes getting around this state is just scary

Yeah, so I can worry about maintaining my car once a year. NOT.
More roadside inspection stations would work better.

Member Number 8804

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

MadMatt wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Macca wrote:

if your car is in good condition you'd have nothing to worry about. As it is here, if you never let the rego run out your car never needs a safty inspection. there are plenty of 20yrs+ one owner s**t boxes getting around.

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

MadMatt wrote:

Problem with this is the bad cars don't come out if they know an inspection station is in their area and if anything like what they used to do around Rockhampton when I lived there, it was very hit and miss.
I was young and very irresponsible, my "87" XF Ghia wagon had stock wheels and shiny paint, I would drive pass the spotter cop on the hwy to never be check, I couldn't drive over an Coke can laying down (with 150mm being the minimum at the time), the V8 was grumpy at idle, exhaust was dumped at the diff, it was supposed to be straight LPG, instead it was running on leaded fuel and worse of all I just threw an XE fuel tank in the wheel well and used the LPG service line for the fuel line, and this wasn't just for a short time either.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

That sounds really scary Macca!

But then again safe and legal are two different things. You see that a lot with LPG installs, like I have read that you can't run the fill line or the service line into the wheel arch these days, due to the chance of it being damaged. Yet there are many, many LPG car's that have a hole in the boot thru to the wheel arch with the LPG lines running in there...

WTF?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

So have we been given a price on injection system for E series 5.0lt? Could you convert an old style system or would you have to start from scratch?

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
So have we been given a price on injection system for E series 5.0lt? Could you convert an old style system or would you have to start from scratch?

If your just going vapour injection, you could reuse the tank & maybe the service line, depending on where it runs & where you want to mount the new converter, otherwise nothing else is useful...

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
That sounds really scary Macca!

It was, but in real terms nothing too out of the ordinary up there at the time, a girlfriends parents F100 which had been towing a large caravan and driving at high speed (it hammered) for years had no rear brakes, only one front brake working 100%, screwed tyres, screwed sunraiser rims, screwed suspension, no brake lights (that didn't really matter, has to pull up to worry about that) and the list went on, got to love random inspections they really worked back then.

The best was the amount of caravans I saw smashed up on the roads around QLD, the vans would sit for ages then the owners would just hook them up and take off, as much as it would be a pain in the a*** for some van owners, a basic safety check is just that "basic", if it won't pass one it shouldn't be on the road.

Anyway I have taken this real off topic.

Has anyone got one of those PPI LPG tanks and liquid injection?

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2004 ba egas ute

NSW, Australia

Here is my svi setup....its abit of a mix and match setup with different brand bits and pieces,im pretty sure the 12 injectors are romano,i had peter from apollo gas there top man install it all in conjunction with autotech sydney,they did a great job havent had any problems with this one of a kind setup. :D

This is just before the injectors and second injector nozzles where tapped into the intake manifold

The injector hoses going to injector nozzles on the first cylnder

Injectors 7,8,9 on top and underneath injectors 1,2,3

And the twin converters on the exhaust side

This setup is run buy a haltech 2000 and is straight gas (90L) not duel fuel,starts straight away on the coldest of mornings :)

Supercharged Egas

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Gaz, that's a nice setup there mate, looks pretty neat, how much power is it putting out with the puffer on the side?

I bet it set you back a pretty penny!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

That's putting a new spin on "E Gas". What sort of power does it make. Do you run two service lines or just "T" under bonnet. Looks like a good install but you probably should put a heat shield on your converters. Do you run all 12 injectors all the time or do you run on 6 and go to 12 at higher RPM or boost. Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions but the reason is I am building a 372 Clevo and running 16 injectors twin converters and twin tanks. [Needs to pull 6500 RPM under load for a Mile so lots of Gas required] I wondered how it was at idle and low down if you ran all 12. The 383 earlier in this thread has 8 large BRC's. Regards Alan TPVM.

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2004 ba egas ute

NSW, Australia

Thanks guys and yes it cost lots of money haha,but its still the only egas thats been blown so i am a happy man.

It made 236rwkw with stage two crow cams and a raptor supercharger,but then back down to 214rwkw when i took the cams out and intercooled it,its running 8psi with a 10:7:1 comp wich gives alot of usable tourqe especially in the midrange.

I havent really checked if it has two service lines hey it was a factory egas at first,but i would dare say they just ran a t-piece for the converters.

I first thought the heat shield would have been a good idea aswell but the guys that fitted it for me said it shouldnt be a drahma,wich it hasnt been yet.

The injectors are staged we found six could handle just over 200 rwkw with the largest sized nozzles fitted,so 12 should be able to handle 400rwkw,but i have heard my lock off valves,tanks,lines will start to become a problem after 300rwkw.

Keep the questions coming mate i love the attention haha

There are a few v8 setups i know of running 16 injectors both of them are pulling some massive numbers.......i used a haltech platnium sports ecu it has a 14 channel capacity with the latest software,its a great ecu,but i think what you need is a profire ecu its basiclly the same as a haltech but it was desighned soley for lpg injection it will handle 16 injectors.
But then you need to ask yourself how much power do you need,i did a fair bit of research about all of this when my car was being built and fount that the kehin brown dot injectors have the highest flow rate but quite expensive....i think i worked it out that 6 brown dot injectors could handle a little over 300rwkw

Supercharged Egas

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

A megasquirt could be an option to run an LPG Injection setup. If i could get some reasonably priced under bonnet gear I'd setup the mighty boy on dedicated gas injection, which would work well when turbocharged....

How much did the injectors cost & the converters?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: XF 5 LIT P/ VAN EF 5 LIT FUTURA

VIC, Australia

Hi as Torana Guy said a Megasquirt may be the answer I hope so coz I've got one for the 372. As you said the flow rate can be problem in that the lockoffs act like a TX valve in your air con and start to freeze at high flow rates. [not a problem for the Mighty Boy] That's why I plan on using twin tanks, two service lines and two converters. The heat shields are a compliance thing not an operational thing. You can get higher flow lockoffs for the tank and E GAS run 5/16 line so that should be ok. In regard to how much power do you need as much as I can get coz I am trying to get a "Brick" [XF Panel Van] to do 155 plus MPH or 258 KPH On the Salt Flats next year. Your Ute would be Fun in the wet with plenty of RWKW and no weight. It is not hard to individualize your gas tanks and run two service lines with a common filler [I am a Gas fitter] at the moment they are T'd just at the back of the cabin. Then the SKY'S the limit. Regards Alan

SALT IS FOR RACING ON. SAUCE IS FOR FISH & CHIPS.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 11  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next