Fordmods Logo

NL Fairlane fitted genuine car mats for a 1998 Ghia. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: NL Fairlane fitted genuine car mats for a 1998 Ghia.
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Fairlan Ghia NL 1998

VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf,
Would you know the nearest type of high quality car mats I could get my grubby little hands on for my 1998 NL Fairlane Ghia? I was told at the local Ford Spare Parts Dealership that the mats are no longer made. I need the camel coloured ones as I think that is what the interior colour is called. My car is white.

Thanks, Boonie. :( :(

Post subject: Re: NL Fairlane fitted genuine car mats for a 1998 Ghia.
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

Hey, I'm not Papa Smurf, but I might have an answer for you...

I got fitted correct colour mats front and rear a few years back from Super Cheap Auto.

The interior colour if its not Grey is a colour pattern called "Cappucino" (same as mine) and if its a Fairlane thats even better.

I was able to order Front mats to fit a Fairmont or Fairlane, but they only had the cappucino rear mat in the Fairlane size. I got it hoping it would fit my Fairmont, and of course it doesn't, and has remained in my garage to this day.

BUT The custom made and ordered front mats look a treat, and are still going strong. I don't know if they still take orders for them, but it can't hurt to ask! THey don't keep them in stock, as they need to be ordered and specially made but the cost was less than the cost the mats are brand new these days from a Ford dealership for the speccy genuine articles for the newest models.

By the way, if you want to save some cash, I can sell you the rear cappucino mat (its all one piece and fits over the driveshaft tunnel. Never used and in perfect factory condition if you are interested :wink:

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Fairlan Ghia NL 1998

VIC, Australia

Thanks for that advice 96Ghia. I actually bought some secondhand ones form a car yard yesterday for $40. I don't know what they cost new. The drivers mat has the plastic cover quite badly worn but I was getting desperate as I have bought the Fairlane for my mother and I am driving up to her place near Horsham on Friday the 12th of November. You wouldn't happen to remember how much you paid for yours.

Cheers, Boonie :) 8-)

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

Boonie wrote:
Thanks for that advice 96Ghia. I actually bought some secondhand ones form a car yard yesterday for $40. I don't know what they cost new. The drivers mat has the plastic cover quite badly worn but I was getting desperate as I have bought the Fairlane for my mother and I am driving up to her place near Horsham on Friday the 12th of November. You wouldn't happen to remember how much you paid for yours.

Cheers, Boonie :) 8-)

I think it was about $80 for the fronts and the same for the rear.
Cheaper than genuine ones from Ford but definately dearer than generics (even the nicest ones)

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]