Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

data_mine wrote:
xcabbi wrote:
That's f**k. BAR get nabbed for a minor rule infringement and Holdung get let off for a major 1. The Monaro 24 hour winner was the biggest motor sport rort ever. Entering a homolagated production car race with a 1 off special. Sorry folks if this is misplaced but I think I have the HSV strand of tapeworm and i have to s**t it out before it kills me.

They were gonna go production, but no-one wanted to pay the $400K. I can understand that, wouldn't pay $40K for a monaro.

If had had that kind of money laying around I would, I've driven one and they are nice!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I reckon it was a calculated rort. HSV would never have built a car like that cause they know that holden enusiasts can't afford it. If I was the half a mil type I would be aiming for much more exotic machinery with much better build quality. Think a base model aston martin, numerous corvette specialls with the same engine as the big block monaro and twin turbo's, even more numerous dodge viper specials or even a saleen sr7. I don't quite see how a monaro would fit in there. It would be more of a 150-200k car, maybe less when you consider the value of the vehicle which it is based on.

If they canned the project then why were they allowed to compete 2 years in a row when they announced the dead deal quite a while before the first race. And the series 6 RX7SP got pinged for the most minor things. Its s**t. that's why procar went down the toilet.

Too much black money and dodgy dealings going on in motorsport these days to make it worth anyones while. All forms of motorsport were brought on by the pioneers who raced for the love of racing. Then they got bought out by the big guns and now the only way for joe average to make a name for himself is to get a loan out and build a drag car. Hopefully then he may appear on speedweek for a full 5 or 6 seconds.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
That's f**k. BAR get nabbed for a minor rule infringement and Holdung get let off for a major 1. The Monaro 24 hour winner was the biggest motor sport rort ever. Entering a homolagated production car race with a 1 off special. Sorry folks if this is misplaced but I think I have the HSV strand of tapeworm and i have to s**t it out before it kills me.

Different motor body racing. FIA doesnt control the 24hr race, but they do control the F1s.

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah I know but I just had to use it as another example. Formula 1 is just as corrupt when you have one man (Bernie Eccelstone) controling the entire show. And that's all it is. A f**k show. Not a race.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
A f**k show. Not a race.

explain

FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Its pretty self explanitory to the average person who has little interest in formula 1.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Its pretty self explanitory to the average person who has little interest in formula 1.

don't get all s**t ... all I asked was why you say it is a one man show and not a race? If you don't want to elaberate on your comments then fine.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Not a one man show. Just a show like a carnival. As my old man says "Its all a business. At the end of the day only one man can win and the others stand no chance". That rings most true in F1 where the guy with the top machinery ends up winning and the rest scrap around for the minor placings. What makes matters worse is that Bernie and his mates at the FIA can change the rules as they please. Its not uncommon to see new rules to be brought in mid season when things just aren't working out. They did it a few years ago with the launch control on the cars. Its just not racing.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:02 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Must admit I'm a little disappointed. F1 used to be the pinaccle of motor racing where all the technology was created and tested, and the really good stuff made it down the classes, until we see it in road cars (ABS, traction control, variable cams, alot of the safety measures etc.), that's not happening any more as the teams are being held back by rules rules rules.

I highly doubt we'll ever seen a 2.4L V8 revving to 20KRPM+ BOSS or L2 (lol).

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeah - F1, the epidemy of racing, open class, anything goes! They got too dangerous, too fast, etc etc rules had to come in. No turbo's , used to be no fuel stops, now you can, used to be tyre changes, now you can't, used to be... yadda yadda

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2