Hooning on private property now illegal in South Australia 

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: Hooning on private property now illegal in South Australia
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I'm assuming you live in a somewhat regional/rural area.

Out here in the burbs no one talks to no one.
I've lived in a s**t called Dapto for near on 15 years and I've seen my neighborhood go from a familly friendly cul-de-sac to silence stares and jelousy. I don't know if it is all to do with ego's, increasing land value and economic prosperity. Not many people talk. And when they do the conversations are always uneasy. Mostly its just the simple look, nod of the head and wave. Then carry on about your business with an eery feeling of solitude.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

Yeah, pirie is pretty "friendly"..

But I know what you mean, I lived in Melbourne for a bit, and Alice springs is similar.

We are loosing our humanity! No more friendly waves, cul-de-sac birthday parties or barbies, leavin your doors unlocked or gates open (although that was back in the 70s and unless you had a dog).

I remember hanging over my neighbors fence watching them havin a get together, a beer and a burnout.

I now know the meaning of "the good old days"

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, NCII V8

SA, Australia

I think that drivers should be able to penalized for hooning on private property IF the owner of the property chooses to press charges,

This should included rental properties, So if you rent a house out and they deiced to tear up your front driveway as the owner of the house you should be able to have them convicted,

Myself i am a renter and iv seen heaps of other people in rentals do burnouts in the front yard and i felt really sorry for the owners.

An 99% of people that own their home are not gonna be doing burnouts in the front driveway.

But how far to they expect to use this new law, are the cops gonna show up at Gazanats and impound cars that are competing in burnout comps coz it is PRIVATE PROPERTY, They should really pull their finger out and make laws that are fair to all people concerned before they announce them.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NA Fairlane, DC LTD

NT, Australia

wtbdlltd wrote:
I think that drivers should be able to penalized for hooning on private property IF the owner of the property chooses to press charges,

This should included rental properties, So if you rent a house out and they deiced to tear up your front driveway as the owner of the house you should be able to have them convicted,

Myself i am a renter and iv seen heaps of other people in rentals do burnouts in the front yard and i felt really sorry for the owners.

An 99% of people that own their home are not gonna be doing burnouts in the front driveway.

But how far to they expect to use this new law, are the cops gonna show up at Gazanats and impound cars that are competing in burnout comps coz it is PRIVATE PROPERTY, They should really pull their finger out and make laws that are fair to all people concerned before they announce them.

maybe that will be a "technicality" wity the law, the owner musnt concurr with the incident. Or 3 complaints (or somthing like that)
Hence the 'Nats will be ok because the proprietors give permission.

I did a twinny up my driveway, and scrubbed it off that night, it isn't look as cool as I thought it would lol...

[color=#004080]Cheers, Jacob.

NA Fairlane Build thread:
the-garage-f53/my-fairlane-build-lowlane-t94891.html.
Also in the garage....
AU LTD, DC LTD, and Lowlane.

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

I think you'll find the Nats will be fine purely because it is a sanctioned motorsport event. But anyway, Im worried about the whole 'enter without a warrant to impound, clamp or seize an offenders vehicle at any time' bit. This opens a big old can of worms here. Currently, as far as I know, the SA Police Service may not enter a private premises unless they have a warrant to do so or they have reasonable suspicion an offence is currently being commited ie an assualt. Mike Rann and his bumchums are sneaking one past the public in plain sight here. This issue has been pretty well constructed in that they have told the public the police will have the power to enter a premises without a warrant but have focused on the anti-hooning act to act as a smoke screen. I think the local dealer around the corner, who most likely has some sort of hotted up Commodore is going to find that PC Plod will be banging on his door at 11pm on a thursday night to impound the s**t, and catch a whiff from the Hydro shed by complete coincidence. Its not the threat of impounding the cars, its the abuse of power that will inevitably follow.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

just to revive this for fun, say if you had a farm and you laid down a car-park size amount of bitumen, and the only way accessible to it was thro a looked gate on your property. and you used this land for burn outs and having a bit of fun, the government can stop you under hooning laws?? that doesn't sound right, i'd imagine they could stop you on noise and air pollution, but that would be about it.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF XR8 5sp

VIC, Australia

winman wrote:
just to revive this for fun, say if you had a farm and you laid down a car-park size amount of bitumen, and the only way accessible to it was thro a looked gate on your property. and you used this land for burn outs and having a bit of fun, the government can stop you under hooning laws?? that doesn't sound right, i'd imagine they could stop you on noise and air pollution, but that would be about it.

If your property is able to be accessed by the public then your car can be impounded, but there is a way around it from what ive heard from police in Vic.

If you have a sign on your gate saying along these lines "Trespassers will be shot, dont come here"
"Public not welcome bugger off"

Pretty much anything to say the public are not allowed on your property then you can get away with it. As someone said earlier about maccas car parks and stuff. They are privately owned but are accessible by the public so they can impound your car under hoon laws.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba mkII futura

SA, Australia

i dont have the patience to read all the pages and other stuff people have written on this topic but in the article it says nothin about you gettin done for hoonin on your own property?
it only says the cops can come onto private property to sieze the car(s)

"Under the new laws, police will be able to go onto private property without a warrant to seize, clamp or impound a vehicle."

cheers locky

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:15 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Build a moat and a draw bridge...if you have the license, some crocs as well. Go Medieval on today's laws/regulation/s**t.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:00 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I vote for moat!

I have a car.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

Ash wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
I vote for moat!

With a swimming goat? Do you think he would float? He might need a boat?

and a yellow rain coat

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EFNA wrote:
Ash wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
I vote for moat!

With a swimming goat? Do you think he would float? He might need a boat?

and a yellow rain coat

what if its not raining tho? seems a lil stupid?

Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

*cough cough* Where are you going to get the goats?

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4