Fordmods Logo

Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW 

 

Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1221

Joined: 11th Nov 2007

Ride: f6 rspec

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

getting ur truck licence made u get off your p's? is that only in vic?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:03 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 79

Joined: 24th May 2010

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

Location: Greystanes, Western Sydney
NSW, Australia

ive been told its 7 demerits in nsw (red p's have 3 and greens have 7) so instant licence loss, a nasty fine and i think a court appearance?
unno why you would, just get head + cam work to your six. no one will ever know, even if they open the motor up unless they are an expert they wont be able to tell the difference between stock and not stock cams huh?
and it not exactly likely that they are going to get the spanners out at an RBT and shear off your rocker gear to have a squiz
methinks the real major deterrent is the insurance side of it. ive seen loads of SS commos and skylines etc with red plates on, cops dont seem to openly mind, and besides unless you are being a massive hectic with a train whislte BOV and snapping gears every time you move the car, its not that obvius to somone driving by

 

_________________

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 9453

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

Location: Wollongong
NSW, Australia

Cops don't have to care cause the automatic license plate recognition systems do all the hard work for them. Riding forums are littered with stories of learners and p platers riding non lams approved bikes getting picked off whilst riding in the middle of a tight pack of 50 bikes.
I assume this will eventually flow onto cars.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 1109

Joined: 4th Sep 2009

Ride: 92 EB s

Location: DORRIGO
NSW, Australia

FORDom you noob.
As soon as cop gets behind you and puts in your licence number in he/she will get all the info they'd need on your car.
Taking the t off dosnt remove the turbo part from the regristry.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1221

Joined: 11th Nov 2007

Ride: f6 rspec

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

87SIlude wrote:
FORDom you noob.
As soon as cop gets behind you and puts in your licence number in he/she will get all the info they'd need on your car.
Taking the t off dosnt remove the turbo part from the regristry.


yeah no s**t d***head, i was referring to 'torranguys' post about him getting his MR licence that lifted the p-plater conditions..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 495

Joined: 23rd Jan 2011

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: VE SS ute, EL Typhoon mock

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

State win! In ACT p players can drive whatever car they want... Not the safest state, but easily the most lenient lol

 

_________________

YES.40L
El Gli/Fairmont/Typhoon-twinlights, king springs, paccies, dark agents
http://www.fordmods.com/post1241821.html#1241821

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:58 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 76

Joined: 26th Jan 2009

Ride: BA XR8, EF Gli (wrecking)

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Yes.40L wrote:
State win! In ACT p players can drive whatever car they want... Not the safest state, but easily the most lenient lol

Agreed, its great, drove an ef turbo while i was 17 and now drive a ba xr8. Gotta love the ACT :) and of course the afp that couldn't care less about what we drive

 

_________________

BA XR8 - Daily driver
boosted EF xr6 - sold
EF Gli - Wrecking - PM me for any parts (whole car available)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 2

Joined: 30th Jun 2011

Ride: audi a3

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

if you really wanna go quick, stuff getting turbod cars and v8s, im 18 in qld and patrols here are tuff, i have driven v8s and turbod cars before and there not much different to other cars, i drive a faster N/A car then my old r33t (which was fun ;) ) my advise if you crnt get an excemption just buy a car a good engine and do it up, eg, throtle body, aftermarket airfilter, fuel pumps, injectors, extractors, even go to an eninge build and put some aftermarket guts in it, sure it can be a bit costy, but you can make a car over 200kw and the cops wont know, and neither will your street oppents ;) oh, and make the car LIGHT! like i drift at tracks all da time in my car, havnt got as much power as others, but my power to weight ratio is close to em :p
good luck and keep it on the track!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Driving a turbo car on P's? NSW
Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 2

Joined: 30th Jun 2011

Ride: audi a3

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

hunt3r wrote:
ive been told its 7 demerits in nsw (red p's have 3 and greens have 7) so instant licence loss, a nasty fine and i think a court appearance?
unno why you would, just get head + cam work to your six. no one will ever know, even if they open the motor up unless they are an expert they wont be able to tell the difference between stock and not stock cams huh?
and it not exactly likely that they are going to get the spanners out at an RBT and shear off your rocker gear to have a squiz
methinks the real major deterrent is the insurance side of it. ive seen loads of SS commos and skylines etc with red plates on, cops dont seem to openly mind, and besides unless you are being a massive hectic with a train whislte BOV and snapping gears every time you move the car, its not that obvius to somone driving by

nothey wont pull out spanners but they can always have your car taken to an engine builder and have the engine stripped and searched for aftermarket part if they really REALLY wanna be pricks! if you have aftermakert gutz in ur engine dont be a smart allic to cops when they chick your engine bay, my mate had it done to him and he got fined like 1500 or somthing for his engine devopering over 250 rwkw,
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:11 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names