Fordmods Logo

OMVL Gas Kit on EF Fairmont. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: OMVL Gas Kit on EF Fairmont.
Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1999 AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

hey guys, been a while since i made a post or even signed in for a fact. next update is LPG on the list. getting an OMVL Kit fitted for $2880 with a tune. seemingly i recognise that it seems to run better than an Impco branded system due to a different mixer style.

what's your preferred LPG branded system and why? just thought id start up a discussion on which runs best, provides more efficiency and durability.

Cheers

Ryan.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

"Holden" - Australia's Most Widely Used Warning Label.

Post subject: Re: OMVL Gas Kit on EF Fairmont.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Don't really have a preferred brand.
There are a few that I won't use as I've had to many come through work with problems.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

since im getting my old Mont converted tomorrow with an OMVL Kit. so far i've heard that OMVL is the preferred kit for E Series.

99 AU Falcon Forte in Galaxy Blue. Stock as a rock atm. Future Mods; Full sports exhaust, cam upgrade.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

It's 6 of one half a dozen of the other really.
They are a well made converter, the Sprintgas mixer is a bit ordinary.
The quality of the install and the guy ability to tune the system is going to make more difference that the brand name on the parts.

Knowing what the kit cost from Sprintgas and what you're paying for the conversion I'd be paying careful attention to the quality of the install.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

the bloke i got mine installed through dealed Sprintgas systems. turned out mine was a springtgas tank with a REG converter. had new Iridium plugs put in and apparently before on my original petrol tune the idle was to low. he bumped up the idle a bit, new thermostat, and slapped the plugs in. before the conversion my car was missing and carrying on during cold weather or on days it wanted to. i could never find the problem, i changed the leads and plugs. never made one bit of a difference. fuel filter was fine, and the injectors were clean. checked the earth on the fuse box that was bit loose, still didnt make a difference. cleaned and checked the map sensor, still missed.

but now it seems to be perfect. also runs smooth on both. if you know anyone who lives up in or the surrounding areas of shepparton, i recommend they go see Dallas at Dallas Automotive. straight up no fuss with that bloke. my old man got his AU converted through him with a sprintgas system. been running 3 years now without a problem. does a top job.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]