Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 26 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - New Toys!
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:34 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

no problem..
also the plug is the same type as the injector plug....

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Turns out I do have the plug :mrgreen: Was still on the engine loom... Should make the job easier... Missing some odds and ends... So in the process of chasing them up and I'll be set... Will get the injectors cleaned, head skimmed, and rocker cover painted... Some gaskets and new head bolts are on the shopping list... And I'll just about be set to do the swap then...

The VCT has a 350kpa reg... Just wondering if the EL computer (which is designed to work on a 300kpa reg) will cause this to over fuel? Do I need to find a 300kpa AU reg? I have a 300kpa EF/EL reg, so can use that if I can find a rail to use...

May or may not have a go at swapping my mags over tomorrow after work... Still been a bit slack on the pics I know...

Winch is together and working... Just waiting on the aluminium hawse so I can make the bracket for it and weld it to the base plate... One of the cables coming out the relay was too short so I kept forgetting to get some lugs and cable to make up a new length... Works good... Should have some serious grunt... Trailer will tip easier now...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

New mags are on... Very nice :D Photos at some stage other than in the dark...

Troy... Up s**t's creek... You don't have the phasor and gear in the head anymore yeah? Is it somewhere handy to get to? Can you photo/measure the one of the four bolts that hold the phasor to the gear? I don't have them and I am hoping they are nothing special as they are nla through Ford... Just small high tensile bolts I'm hoping...

Also, my phasor is in bits... Any assembled photos you could please share with me would be tops :D Just want to know what it is supposed to look like?

Anybody got any feedback on fuel reg's?

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:40 pm 

NSW, Australia

i can dig it out tomorrow and take a pic..
i know they are a torx head screw, but i dont know the thread size...
i hope you have the bolt that bolts the gear to the camshaft, as this is also a torxs head bolt.. but i cant see why you cant a socket head/ allen key bolt instead..

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah George tells me they are available... So he is getting me a new one and also the three bolts that hold the phasor housing to the head... Amongst some other goodies that were available still that I'm getting... But he says these 4 I'm on my own as far as finding some... He was looking for a spec but hasn't gotten back to me yet... thread size I can find off the gear I have... Just need a length and to make sure it looks like a bolt... As opposed to something like the tensioner guide bolt in the head which is plain strange...

Thanks for your help Troy... Much appreciated...

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:06 pm 

NSW, Australia

it sounds like your vct bits have been pulled apart??
also best to replace the o ring on the phaser housing where it goes into the phaser..
any leaks here and you will have oil pressure issues...

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:01 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

sure has... Was just a pile of bits... Bit of a knack in getting it back together... Sorta got it worked out and back together now... Special tools for re-assembly of a phasor is about an inch of 32mm conduit and a 3/4 drive 1-11/16 socket... Gotta expand a spring loaded set of gears inside the phasor and this worked... :mrgreen:

i noticed that funny hard o ring... It is a loose fit in the end of the phasor... Is something missing on mine? Or is it supposed to be loose?

Cheers,
tim

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:05 am 

NSW, Australia

i thnk your o ring is dry and gone hard, its supposed to be a soft rubber seal

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:18 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

There is a soft rubber ring around the phasor housing where it fits into the head... The one in the phasor housing that fits inside the phasor is a split hard fibre seal... Same as the two inside the phasor... Hard fibre seals... George is sending two of the seals which are still available... So replacing a couple of them...

Cheers,
Tim

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - New Mags Are On
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Good news... After getting the phasor reassembled it turns out they're just some std M6 bolts that hold it to the cam gear... Sorted them out this arvo... Head has been skimmed 5 thou for a nice flush mounting surface... and Injectors have been cleaned to within 2% of each other... Very happy... Now just to chase up the rest of gear...Gaskets... Bolts... etc...

Can someone help me with a photo of an EF/EL broadband to show where the temp sensor mounts in them?

Photos of new mags... Love them :D

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

An other stuff...

Acid dipped and stone finished head...

VCT housing

Oil line and fittings + Sender

Phasor & Cam gear reassembled after much thought about how I was going to get it to go back together... Don't pull this apart where possible... Mine turned up in bits...

And the new winch for my trailer... 6000Lb and a s**t load bigger than it looked on ebay... And heavier... But for $319 who could complain... The steel mounting plate it mounts to is 300x200 to give you some idea... 5.5hp & 187.2:1 reduction ration through a 3 stage planetary box...

This was the 4000Lb winch struggling and just tipping a cubic meter... Hopefully 6000Lb will overcome this :D Worked great so far though... So much easier than manually unloading a trailer... It sounds aggressive when I ran it just to see if it worked ok... Once the larger hawse turns up I can finish making the bracket for it and weld it on and finish this project off...

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited by TimmyA on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:28 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Forgot to put that video in my above post... It is back 10 or so pages too... But fits in with the upgrade to the system... Again hopefully the new one powers through the task... All about working smarter, not harder :mrgreen:

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Rims look awesome man!!
Always wanted to see a set of Drift R's on a box car and they actually look quite good!
Well done :D

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:34 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Thanks mate!

I had my doubts when I saw them in the boxes... Was a bit attached to me AJR's but once I got them on they sure weren't coming off... These have shaped to the spokes where the AJR's were mostly flat and I don't know... They just seem to give the car an awesome stance... Tyres with that protector edges are no for these babies because the spokes stick outside the tire...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:14 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

As a side note...

After having lots of trouble trying to find various bits and piece in my build I have began making a contents page similar to BenJ's... All copyright is yours Ben ;) I have done the first 10 pages and gotten jack of it for now... Someone give it a whirl for me... Should take you to the exact post where either the conversation starts or the pictures are for each stage...

Cheers,
Tim

Sort by  
 Page 26 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 78  Next