Joined: 29th Sep 2007
Location: S.E Suburbs
Alot of us with our e-series have experienced power windows not going up or down nicely.
- Motor is starting to die on the window reg
Symptoms: Window won't go up or down at all or is very slow
Fix: Replace Motor behind door trim
- Dirty window seals
Symptoms: Usually very slow to go up
Fix: Can replace window seal with vinyl one. The newer EF/EL's used a rubber seal which sometimes makes the window hard to come back up
Fix: Clean seals & Silicone Spray the seals
- Bad contacts on your power window switches
Fix: Clean contacts
This Tutorial will explain how to clean your contacts.
1. Cotton Buds
3. Thin Flat head
4. Small knife
5. Philips head screw driver
6. Contact cleaner
7. Contact grease
- Remove the Power window assembly from the car (ef/el), (two Philips head screws in front of the console lid)
- Unplug switch board from loom
- Remove switch board assembly from shroud (two Philips head screws underneath)
- Once you have the switch board / switches, you will need to take off the switch cover to remove switches, which will give you access to the contacts.
- This is done by unclipping the tags
3 on one side and 4 on the other (refer to pictures below)
**Note, be careful not to put any pressure on contact board
- Once plastic cover is off you can now remove the switches
Switches are 'clicked' in either side of the switch. They just pop out.
- You now can remove the small contacts,**Note, Take note of how Contacts are fitted as they are fitted in a specific way.
- Inspect and clean thoroughly, as well as cleaning the contact area.
Used cotton buds, contact cleaner and tissues to clean.
I also used a small sharp knife to scrape off any build up
- Use a contact grease to cover contact (don't use a huge amount)
- Reverse procedure to put all back together
**Note, Contacts are fitted in a specific way.
Now you should have a clean power window switch board.
Hope you all find this useful
Sucessful trades with Schmee, Braidy, Niko, The_Ghost, YBHVE4, Stalker
Joined: 27th Jun 2007
I cleaned all mine up, managed to get the first two switches freed up and working perfectly, but the last two keep sticking, I've cleaned them all 100%, they stick in the down position.
|Who is online|
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests