Fordmods Logo

Cheap sound system! 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF Gli

WA, Australia

Really any descent sound system should start with a quality hu (cept mine) and then move on from there, so you made a gud choice now as ur deafness increase u can expand ur system.

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:54 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF waggin - gli/XR/ghia

NSW, Australia

Interblokes wrote:
chicken, its actually the 3rd from top for 2002's range, not top of the line for last year

Then I got ripped off! Brad told me top of the line! lol
But meh, who cares?! Even better if it's not the top of the range - just imagine what THAT would sound like! I'm uber happy with the sound.

Red goes faster, and chicks drive better

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Chicken wrote:
Interblokes wrote:
chicken, its actually the 3rd from top for 2002's range, not top of the line for last year

Then I got ripped off! Brad told me top of the line! lol
But meh, who cares?! Even better if it's not the top of the range - just imagine what THAT would sound like! I'm uber happy with the sound.

Pfft. Now Brad says, 'oh yeh, 3rd from the top. That's what I said!' LOL

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:04 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

justfordima wrote:
I dunno about you, but I have stock speakers in the front 6" and they sound s**t, and start distorting. Compared to the JVC's in the back, they suck... but I guess there's a different point of comparison....

Eventually you will start noticing all the imperfections. But agreed about the $$, choose wisely, and don't spend money you don't have to.

Cheers

Yesterday, Waggin had his first proper listen to the sound since the HU was installed. He was very impressed - and that's saying something!

It sounds fantastic from the front. I had a sit on the back seat yesterday, and from the rear speakers you can hear a bit of distortion from the lower frequencies (rnb with a strong bass line was playing), but the treble sounds almost 100%!

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

just as a side note, a friend has a DEH-P5650MP in his WB Statesman, and 2 pairs of JVC coaxials........ his setup sounds nowhere near as good as mine and distorts much earlier

Banned

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Pfft, stop your whoring Interceptor.. We all know your system is the best in the world.. :roll:

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

stfu sean, i was just pointing out that a good HU doesnt mean a lot if the speakers are s**t

Banned

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:06 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Chicken wrote:
justfordima wrote:
I dunno about you, but I have stock speakers in the front 6" and they sound s**t, and start distorting. Compared to the JVC's in the back, they suck... but I guess there's a different point of comparison....

Eventually you will start noticing all the imperfections. But agreed about the $$, choose wisely, and don't spend money you don't have to.

Cheers

Yesterday, Waggin had his first proper listen to the sound since the HU was installed. He was very impressed - and that's saying something!

It sounds fantastic from the front. I had a sit on the back seat yesterday, and from the rear speakers you can hear a bit of distortion from the lower frequencies (rnb with a strong bass line was playing), but the treble sounds almost 100%!

I guess you could say that you got good speakers factory, but think of it this way, if factory are this good, imagine what aftermarket would be like.

But if you're happy with these, it's better for you, money wise. Buy HU and be happy, I wish I can be like that lol.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

justfordima wrote:
[ guess you could say that you got good speakers factory, but think of it this way, if factory are this good, imagine what aftermarket would be like.

Indeed. But if I want to hear competition quality sound, I can just sit in the waggin! Since Waggin's spending all the money, I don't have to :D
Though he's free to spend money on my car if he wishes....hehe

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

Chicken wrote:
justfordima wrote:
[ guess you could say that you got good speakers factory, but think of it this way, if factory are this good, imagine what aftermarket would be like.

Indeed. But if I want to hear competition quality sound, I can just sit in the waggin! Since Waggin's spending all the money, I don't have to :D

if he drives it he should be spending money on it :D sound good?

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:48 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Chicken wrote:
justfordima wrote:

I like your theory, now I just gotta suck up as hard as I can..lol :lol:

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Falcon RTV

QLD, Australia

Speaking of cheap systems. I’ve brought a ford parcel shelf sub, and I am looking for a cheap amp to run it, but I don’t know what’s the max watts its can have, does anyone know? :?:
But I am looking for it to be a 4 Channel amp, so I can amp the two back speakers as well as the sub. Which I replaced the stock ones with a set of Pioneer TS-G1640R

Is it also possible to get spacers to fit the ford factory sub? Because I have a gas tank in the boot, so the only way to fit the sub in is with a spacer. I'll properly just get the car audio guys down the road though and let them install it, just to say the hassle. :?

My most expensive part of the set-up will be the JVC KD-G805 CD player. :twisted:

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Im pretty sure that the handling should be written on the back of the actual speaker...

As for the spacer, yeah, you can get, just ask for 8" spacers I think its 8"?

Good luck with the isntall.... don't forget that MAX rating is nothing, its how much it can handle for a very small amount of time, Continuous is what you are after(RMS), that was you know for sure.... but MAX can be used as a comparison I guess..

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

The only major problem I have with the stock system in my EF Fairmont (apart from the lack of any kind of CD player when I bought it but that was easily rectified) wagon is the location of the rear speakers in the tailgate. Put too much bass through them and they tend to vibrate and its really quite annoying. Putting a proper CD stacker in (as opposed to the discman + cassette adaptor I was using before) seems to have alleviated it somewhat but its annoying knowing it's there nonetheless. Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with the stock system in my car but then, I don't take my sound seriously enough to really notice any imperfections - I was happy with the stock system in my folks EF Gli (which is basically the same as mine except no tweeters in the dash or CD stacker controls in the HU) as well :P

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 08 ranger xlt

WA, Australia

when buyin a head unit, it pays to get a decent one. the maths r simple: good head unit= good sound output, s**t head unit= s**t sound output. so any speaker can sound half decent when it has a good head unit runnin it.

wot ive dun to mine is got afta market splits for front, good deck, 4 channel amp and 12" sub in back. i kept the stock el speakers in the back. just bridge 2 channels 4 sub and 2 channels for front speakers. then if ur head unit is decent u can make the front speakers take more of the load than the back, and wid the aid of the amp runnin the fronts it would sound awesome (as mine does).

it kinda made sense to me to change front speakers instead of back becos i sit in the front (driver- derrr) there4 i get most of the sound. but ive had ppl in the back and when u crank it the back speakers dont distort at all and ive impressed evry one.

this is just another alternate way of sound system setup and savin $$$.

IF ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND WAS AS DIRTY AS MY CAR

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2