electric seatbelts from usa 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: electric seatbelts from usa
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Festiva 1991

VIC, Australia

hi there,

as the title says, i'm after the US electric seatbelts from a 1990 Ford Festiva LX 2 door but all i seem to be able to find is the tracks that are installed under the roof liner.

I am after the full set including the tracks, wiring looms, track covers for the interior (they run around the two front doors) basically the complete set so i can just transfer it into a 1991 Ford Festiva WA model as i want a bit of luxury that the Australians never saw.

However, i would like to hear from someone that has used these types of seatbelts also and are they "car-safe" at all as i really wouldn't like to install something into the car that doesn't make it safe at all (say for example i have an accident where i slam into something really hard from the front end (motor end of the car) and will the seatbelts still keep the two occupants safe at all or are they prone to failing and sliding to the front of the car and cause serious injury as if the latter (causing injury) is the result i will just forget the idea and stick with the original retractable seatbelts.

Any takers?

Post subject: Re: electric seatbelts from usa
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:02 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Festiva 1991

VIC, Australia

yeah very true.. and to be honest i don't know how fiddely a job its going to be.. maybe just for the dreams perhaps lol.

however if you do see something, please put a link here and i'll investigate.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]