EF window regulator wont work 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: EF window regulator wont work
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:59 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Ford ef furtura

VIC, Australia

so yesterday i brought a new window regulator for my ef as the other one s**t it self. was annoying job but got it done. i plugged it in and it didnt work. this is brand new and genuine from ford ( a friend of mine works there so he got it real cheap) can anyone help me as to where i should check next??? also checked at the switch and all seems to be working fine there.

thanks

Post subject: Re: EF window regulator wont work
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

Do the other windows work? Which window did u replace? Can u hear te motor working on the regulator?

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

replaced the driver side one (front) its a futura so only has power front, the passanger one works and the motor isnt ticking over when you hit the switch

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Jacksoff wrote:
replaced the driver side one (front) its a futura so only has power front, the passanger one works and the motor isnt ticking over when you hit the switch

Might be the switch or the wiring that is busted. Pull the switch out and have a look at the circuit board. Make sure there are no cracks in any of the soldering joints...it has happened to mine and I had to re-solder it to make it functional.

Was it intermittent before it just died?

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
Jacksoff wrote:

Might be the switch or the wiring that is busted. Pull the switch out and have a look at the circuit board. Make sure there are no cracks in any of the soldering joints...it has happened to mine and I had to re-solder it to make it functional.

yeah it was intermittent, will do that, probably should put the multimetre to it. also is there a fuse for it, had a quick look last night but couldnt see anything??

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Jacksoff wrote:
phongus wrote:
Jacksoff wrote:

yeah it was intermittent, will do that, probably should put the multimetre to it. also is there a fuse for it, had a quick look last night but couldnt see anything??

pretty sure no fuse for separate windows. So if the passenger side works, then it's not a fuse.

If it was intermittent then it is most likely the switch dying on you. You can fix it by adding some more solder to any cracked joints. It could also be that the contacts under the buttons might be dirty and in need of a clean. Be careful with the button if you do remove it, there are 2 springs in them, don't lose those, you'll need them.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
Jacksoff wrote:
phongus wrote:
Jacksoff wrote:

pretty sure no fuse for separate windows. So if the passenger side works, then it's not a fuse.

If it was intermittent then it is most likely the switch dying on you. You can fix it by adding some more solder to any cracked joints. It could also be that the contacts under the buttons might be dirty and in need of a clean. Be careful with the button if you do remove it, there are 2 springs in them, don't lose those, you'll need them.

thanks heaps, just waiting for my old man to bring home a soldering iron for me but in the mean time im turning all the purple to black

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

id say check the plug inside the door, they can be fiddley and if not 100% connected they wont work. happened to me

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]