Aint nothing better 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Aint nothing better
Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Coming home from blacktown tonight on Richmond Rd (western sydney) I had the oppotunity to play a bit. In a fighting mood I switched on the shift kit and was driving the tranny manually. I shot past this Lexus Soarer which I believe to be a 4ltr ish V8. He took up the challenge but just couldnt keep his hands on me. Theres nothing better than lining up at the lights next to someone who truly believes that they are gunna blow your doors off, and they DONT!!! (keeping in mind my EF is a grandpa mobile with stocker fairmont rims mudflaps and 4WD ride height) Having the thing kick into 2nd when my rear wheels are right next to his passenger door and jump/chirp the tyres is a great feeling and I would have loved to have seen his face. After several attempts he gave in and gave me the respectful toot as he turned off :D

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

Know what I love?

I've had lots of cars over the years:

Mazda 626
Holden VL Commodore 3 litre
Nissan R31 Skyline 3 litre
Nissan R32 4wd turbo
Nissan R31 Skyline with RB25DET conversion
Ford EL Fairmont 6 cyl

The Soarer only has 194kw out of a 32 valve quad cam V8 and it weighs around 1700kg which gives it around 8.76kg/kw. Its also quoted a mid-low 15 second quarter mile.

The Ford 4 litre in EB2-ED has 148kw and around 1450kg. This gives it about 9.8kg/kw. What's Ford's quarter mile quotes?

You do the maths.

I've done a dozens of 0-80km/h runs with a stock standard V8 Soarer that a friend owns and its leaves me for dead every time. Like by about two car lengths to 80km/h. My EL Fairmont is just as fast as all the other standard 6 cyl EF/EL's I've done 0-100km/h acceleration tests with.

This means your six cyl falcon has been considerably worked to get an extra 30-50rwkw to outaccelerate the Soarer, or the Soarer was in a very poor state of mechanical tune. Quite an unfair comparasin.

Each car I've owned, I've visited the respective forums, they all brag about their stock-ish cars thrashing WRX's, V8 Falcons, V8 Commodores, you name it. I've come to the conclusion that all cars are quicker than every other car when you're posting on the internet.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Thats a fair call , however how do you explain a 96 4l i6 fairlane taking a 4l v8 soarer, both with zorst, both with 1 passenger.
Granted i didnt beat him by much and was only to 70km/hr give or take, but considering i was expecting to have my a*** kicked i was gratefully suprised.
I am not saying id be able to beat any soarer, but i like that fact i beat one at least once.
He was gracious about it as he pulled up next to me at the next lights to turn right and had alil chat, seemed like a nice enough guy, just his car obviously wasnt running 100%? :wink:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

It wasn't a direct stab at anyone in particular, more a general stab at everyone who thinks their vehicle is gods gift, its been happening for years.

Looking at the numbers, it shows that a V8 Soarer is around a second quicker on the quarter mile going merely by its power/weight ratio, this has been confirmed by my friend and myself.

I've seen people posting all sorts of rubbish often, I thought I'd just vent a little when I know for a fact a stock vs stock EB2-EL Falcon could never beat a V8 Soarer with both in good tune. Like said, his Falcon must have been dramatically tuned for a lot more rwkw or the Soarer must have been in an extremely sorry state of tune.

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Bozz wrote:
I've seen people posting all sorts of rubbish often, I thought I'd just vent a little when I know for a fact a stock vs stock EB2-EL Falcon could never beat a V8 Soarer with both in good tune. Like said, his Falcon must have been dramatically tuned for a lot more rwkw or the Soarer must have been in an extremely sorry state of tune.

Or the Soarer driver is like so many drivers of nice sports cars out there! They've got the money to go buy a nice car, e.g. a Turbo Skyline, but they still can't drive for s**t, i.e. s**t gear changes and that!
Bloke at school bought a Mazda Familia GTX Turbo, it's putting out more kilowatts than my Falcon, and way lighter, but if we dragged I'd loose, but not by as much as I should because he just cannot drive for s**t!
I see it all the time, Supras, Silvias, all those sorts of cars that youngish blokes have loose to cars they should be beating because they just cannot drive.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Bozz wrote:
It wasn't a direct stab at anyone in particular, more a general stab at everyone who thinks their vehicle is gods gift, its been happening for years.

Looking at the numbers, it shows that a V8 Soarer is around a second quicker on the quarter mile going merely by its power/weight ratio, this has been confirmed by my friend and myself.

Gday Bozz, I recognise you from the PF website. I understand where your coming from regarding over rated stock cars, however this did actually happened much to my suprise. All that Ive got is a set of JMM race series headers, an auto shift kit and a slightly larger cam profile (AU). Also to my suprise I have ran and held honest another V8 from this site, however I dont feel the need to name him as he may not want me to. My EF is no power house however Im not a s**t artist either, I call a spade a spade and can admit to defeat when it comes my way :wink:

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NL V8 Fairlane

NSW, Australia

192kw, 1700kg.. Not that impressive. In fact, an FBT or even a slightly modified Fairlane (like my own) would be able to beat that.. Why can't a modified I6 in a shell that weighs less than a Fairlane beat a soarer then?

By the way, I was the person Jaysen ran a few times at the lights.. We are dead set neck and neck and I too havea V8. Sure, I have a lot more weight and I can never get a good start but the fact is the I6s (with a little tweaking and playing here and there) are very good engines that have the potential to be very quick. :P

There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who know binary and those who don't.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

onya drone, up to about 160kmh neck and neck

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]