Fordmods Logo

EA Falcon Heater Not Working and Vacuum Noise in Dash 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EA Falcon Heater Not Working and Vacuum Noise in Dash
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EA Falcon S 30th Anniversary

QLD, Australia

My EA heater works very poorly. When I select heat, even from partial heat, I get a vacuum noise behind the controller. I pulled the dash apart and found the vacuum coming from the exhaust port on the temp control, located between the turqoise and black lines. This makes sense since the schematic shows black is vacuum 'supply' and turqoise is vacuum control to the heater tap. It just seems very excessive and suggests there is some leak or other excess vacuum source in that circuit.

That's the end of my aptitude for this so now reaching out for help or hints on fixing this. Since I am regularly doing SYD-BNE trips the ability to go inland out of BNE in peak times and through Glen Innes etc is impossible now because I freeze my you know what off!
In fact given recent BNE weather just having a heater would be nice.

If you can't help me let me know if there is someone you would recommend to help fix this in Brisbane near Toowong region.

1991 EA2 Ford Falcon S Sedan
LeMans Red - 30th Anniversary 3.9 MPFI Manual LSD

1996 XH Ford Falcon Outback Ute
LeMans Red 4.0 Auto

Originality saves our history.

Post subject: Re: EA Falcon Heater Not Working and Vacuum Noise in Dash
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EA Falcon S 30th Anniversary

QLD, Australia

Gotta say I keep learning these things the hard way. Where's my mates on here to help???

Anyhow, for reference, I found the controller manifold was all connected properly and when selecting heat the exhaust port was creating the noise. I checked all the vacuum lines and all seem connected. Having to work and wanting this fixed I took the car to Mr Cool at Milton QLD near the XXX brewery.

The guys there were facntastic. The heater core was blocked up and needed flushing which got the heat working. As per my suspicions the controller was good but it seems when the prior owner fitted a new heater tap the vacuum lines were reversed which is why vacuum was running back to the exhaust excessively.

One very toast EA just in time for the crazy cold weather we are having June 2012!

Thanks for the heat Mr Cool!

1991 EA2 Ford Falcon S Sedan
LeMans Red - 30th Anniversary 3.9 MPFI Manual LSD

1996 XH Ford Falcon Outback Ute
LeMans Red 4.0 Auto

Originality saves our history.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]