Fordmods Logo

any help please 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: any help please
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

not sure if this is in the right section but I was just wondering if i had a ba fairlane ghia and wanted to put a turbo engine and 6 speed manual gearbox in what ecu should i use so i can keep all the ghis functions working properly can i use the non turbo auto ghia ecu or do i have to use a manual turbo ecu

Post subject: Re: any help please
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 2004 ba xr6 turbo

NSW, Australia

when you say "keep all the ghia functions working properly" which functions do you mean? and if you wanna chuck a manual in it , then yes im pretty sure you have to change to manual ecu, or after market ecu ie. haltech ecu. but if you wanna leave it auto you can use your ecu, i turboed my ba and used my na ecu, it was able to be flashed no worries, except boost control was off a boost tee, and it was external gate, its changing the timing, spark, a/f ratio ect, that the na ecu can still do.

i uprgaded my ba motor with an aftermarket kit from snort performance, the kit was $3000 and about $2000 went into putting it all together, (and thats on a budget) then $900 for a tune.

If you where going to do a conversion diy, id set aside AT LEAST 5k for parts tune ect. i thought i could get away with being very tight but soon found out that i had to spend more than i wanted, to get it up and running properly.

If you think its easy as 1 2 3 to slap a kit on or change the motor n box think again, but in my opinion it was worth it at the end of the day. satisfying project when it all goes good.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]