Cruise Control + Horn not working 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Cruise Control + Horn not working
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

Hey fellas,

My EFs Horn and cruse control both don't work all of a sudden. The buttons are just non responsive. The horn relay works, and bridging the relay terminals makes the horn sound.

I replaced the clock spring on saturday with one from the wreckers, lined it all up properly and it worked fine for a few days but this morning i discovered the horn and cruise control have stopped working again. Im seriously ready to burn this car at the moment. Aside from visiting an auto electrician which is my alternative, does anyone know of any magic trick that will fix this? is it another BCM Gremlin?

Help would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Post subject: Re: Cruise Control + Horn not working
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hi,

Try a new clock spring. Most are starting to fail, it could even be a loose connection. Do you have any Air-bag codes ?

Regards 96ELGli

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

Take off the wheel and turn the clock spring to reset it, you might have Broken the ribbon

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

I have no airbag fault codes. There seems to be continuity between the steering wheel switches and the wires beyond the clock spring and ive replaced the clock spring twice now with no improvement...

UPDATE:
Replaced the battery as my old one was on the way out, and the cruise control now works. The horn doesn't. I am getting 12.6V at the terminals of the horn relay when the horn is pressed (85,86), and 0.26 when it isnt pressed. When the other terminals are jumped (30, 87), the horn sounds, like it should. So that would indicate a faulty relay! But the relay worked upon testing. This has really got me scratching my head thats for sure.

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]