Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford hints at Falcon's future
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The Ford Falcon may not be dead after all.

Ford revealed a teaser video of an all-new Falcon at the Sydney motor show this morning.

The company states the iconic Falcon large car - which has been plagued by declining sales and rumours of a potential shutdown of local manufacturing facilities - will see a significant upgrade in 2014.

Ford Australia CEO Bob Graziano kept his cards close to his chest when asked about the new model.
Advertisement

"We're really excited about Falcon, and what it represents to our portfolio. And we think given our recent announcement about investment in January that it is important that we show people where we are heading with Falcon.

"It' s a terrific product and we're really looking forward to having the vehicle in the showrooms in 2014," says Graziano.

When quizzed on whether the new model would feature an all-new body, Graziano remained coy: "You're just going to have to wait until 2014."

It was clear from the teaser images that the new model will follow similar styling trends as the recently revealed Mondeo mid-size sedan and the upcoming Fiesta city car.

Given Ford's current tendency to offer all of its new models with its "EcoBoost" turbocharged engines, the new model could possibly retain its current 2.0-litre powerplant or possibly even drop another size to a 1.6-litre turbo unit, as is fitted to the new Kuga compact SUV.

Ford is also working on bringing its performance arm, FPV, back under company control. At the recent launch of the Focus ST hot-hatch, Graziano informed Drive that the Falcon would never be fitted with a four-cylinder engine if it was wearing an FPV badge - fantastic news for lovers of the big Aussie V8 sedan.

source: smh.com.au

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Post subject: Re: Ford hints at Falcon's future
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

LOVE it!

Blue blooded.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Best News Ever!, should do a rerun of E Series Models in 2012 Tech :).

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

oze-ford wrote:

Haha, with dual climate control and electric seats!

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF Falcon

VIC, Australia

Maybe Ford Australia is finally listening to thier customers. Not all of us live in a major city or want to drive so-called SUV's.I am sick of ford telling me what car i can drive and not offer one that i want! I live in regional victoria and want a large reliable car to fit my family in, be able to tow a trailer or a boat and be comfortable while doing so. I don't drive in Chapel street and sip latte's in my spare time so stop trying to sell me a fiesta. As i have stated before i will buy Falcon's until they let me down and they haven't yet. Ford australia need to realise that they have a very good product in the falcon and should stick with it!

I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: MK2 FG XR6T UTE - SILHOUETTE.

QLD, Australia

great news! Im with Vader! Ford has had a great vehicle for years in the falcon they just seem to think one annual add on telly will see them through the year. They need to correct that.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO
Stage 4 Atomic Cams,Full 2.5" XFORCE Exhaust (Headers + Hi Flow Cat + Catback)
Powerbond 20% Underdrives,Growler Cold Air Intake
Full Custom Tune (Xcal 3) - 170RWKW.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

vader wrote:
I am sick of ford telling me what car i can drive and not offer one that i want!

Haha....... Hilarious!!!

How dare a car company not build a car YOU want to drive??

You're bringing back memories of 'The Homer' from the Simpsons episode where he designs a car????

Mint!!!

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

vader wrote:
Ford australia need to realise that they have a very good product in the falcon and should stick with it!

Why stick with a car that doesn't sell? And Ford Australia will tow the global line.

Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

REW93N wrote:
oze-ford wrote:

Haha, with dual climate control and electric seats!

And decent BRAKES!! :)

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

A new body style would be nice, but no the be all and end all. I'm more concerned about the packaging.

Are they going to continue using iron block i6's?

For my money, an all alloy twin cam DI mid 3 litre i6 would be a great selling point (even give it a 10 degree offset on the bores to shorten the engine, like the old VWi6s), if they invested in the development. Would deliver equal power, and weigh considerably less, lowering overall weight and improving the balance of the 6cyl falcons. They could set a realistic target dry weight of 1550-1600kg by downsizing the overall car by between 5-10% (the smaller i6 means cab moves forward by a few poofteenths, so interior space should remain competetive). A smaller, lighter falcon means less metal, making for a cheaper product to build, partially offsetting the cost of engine development. Development cost is also offset by sales, something which they aren't doing at the moment on both fronts.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

Does anyone else think that a Turbo Diesel Falcon would be a good seller? I mean, they stuck a diesel in the Territory. It wouldn't be that hard to pull off the same trick in the Falcon.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Bring back the station wagon. No, I actually don't want an SUV. Honestly.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Bring back the station wagon. No, I actually don't want an SUV. Honestly.

+1

I want a real size cargo area like a wagon has and as much as I like the Territory, get a real 4WD if you want the extra height.

But give the wagon the same IRS rear as the sedans with optional airbag rear suspension or assistance for anyone that requires it, no stupid short pointless wagons like a VE Commodore, it may look good (for a Commonwhore) but it has less useable space behind the rear seat than a FG sedan.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Not sure about Aussie, but in NZ the Commonwhore wagon was advertised as a "SPORTS WAGON". Probably so painters and builders didn't complain when they put more than three fill tins of paint in the back and the a** end sagged so much it looked like a front wheel drive Honda with three Samoans in the back whilst climbing a steep hill with ice on the road.

Ah well - Yes, agree. The AU / BA wagons had a good fuel tank at left and a spare wheel under the car. Better set up than the E series - I still have to fit a surge tank one of these days.... And yes, if you look long enough at a modern IRS setup you sure can see one fitting in the back, easily. And hey - All you need to do is put the LTD rear doors into a UTE and put in some a*** windows. Seriously, how hard can it be?

Whilst we are at it, could I please have a rear window that winds down into the tailgate? This would mean we could even utilise the ute rear end - just make the tailgate a bit wider to allow a window reg to work its miracles.

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Not sure about Aussie, but in NZ the Commonwhore wagon was advertised as a "SPORTS WAGON". Probably so painters and builders didn't complain when they put more than three fill tins of paint in the back and the a** end sagged so much it looked like a front wheel drive Honda with three Samoans in the back whilst climbing a steep hill with ice on the road.

:lol: Yep they only look good until more than a tissue box and a box of biscuits are placed in the back.

fiend wrote:
Ah well - Yes, agree. The AU / BA wagons had a good fuel tank at left and a spare wheel under the car. Better set up than the E series - I still have to fit a surge tank one of these days.... And yes, if you look long enough at a modern IRS setup you sure can see one fitting in the back, easily. And hey - All you need to do is put the LTD rear doors into a UTE and put in some a*** windows. Seriously, how hard can it be?

There was a red AU wagon on fleabay some time back that the old owner had fitted an IRS and I think mini tubs into, I would love to see if the new owner has finished it or is going to.

fiend wrote:
Whilst we are at it, could I please have a rear window that winds down into the tailgate? This would mean we could even utilise the ute rear end - just make the tailgate a bit wider to allow a window reg to work its miracles.

Pretty sure it is illegal in Australia to drive with a rear tailgate window/door open, it allows exhaust fumes into the cabin, same reason we have to have an exhaust exiting a minimum of 400mm behind the most rear opening window. So it is unlikely an Aussie manufacturer will do it, but it would be handy for dropping the groceries in the back, I like tailgates like the Territory etc for doing this. I don't like ute tailgates, makes it to hard to reach into the back if there is a canopy etc

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]