Fordmods Logo

Insurance.. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
I dont the exact answer, sorry. But do you want to take the undue risk? I'd say a friendly phone call is not a bad idea, just to know their stance on it. It's only going to consume 1 minute of your day. Takes longer to make a cup of coffee.

4.9, with a comment like that it'[s obvious that you don't have insurance! Last time I rang, it took 10 minutes to talk to someone, there busy all the time! I coulda made coffee for the entire suburb in that time! :P

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:
I dont the exact answer, sorry. But do you want to take the undue risk? I'd say a friendly phone call is not a bad idea, just to know their stance on it. It's only going to consume 1 minute of your day. Takes longer to make a cup of coffee.

4.9, with a comment like that it'[s obvious that you don't have insurance! Last time I rang, it took 10 minutes to talk to someone, there busy all the time! I coulda made coffee for the entire suburb in that time! :P

I know people in the industry :wink:

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU series 2 XR8

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura has a good point though...even if it is 10 minutes..dont you think its worth it, sometimes they add the stereo value and dont even raise premiums. its worth checking out

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

elXR wrote:
4.9 EF Futura has a good point though...even if it is 10 minutes..dont you think its worth it, sometimes they add the stereo value and dont even raise premiums. its worth checking out

Yeah, I totally agree, was just being a smart a*** about it taking longer than 1 minute... Unless you know someone in the industray and have there personal line, but how come you go no insurance then 4.9?

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
elXR wrote:

Yeah, I totally agree, was just being a smart a*** about it taking longer than 1 minute... Unless you know someone in the industray and have there personal line, but how come you go no insurance then 4.9?

No comprehensive.... a subtle difference :wink: (no 3rd party pretty irresponsible unless you have millions in cash laying around). Yeah i know a few people but not really appropriate to get discounted premiums through them. Actually, there's specific legislation that says i go to jail for doing so, lol.

AS for why i dont go comp insurance...... 23 years old. Little insurance history. Supercharged V8......

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF Ute

VIC, Australia

aami charged me 50 for $6000 worth of gear, gives you peice of mind

Explorers gone, bring on the ute.

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

Okay,
I know that it's a great idea to ring the insurance company and notify them off the speakers. Even if it took an our i would do so, but it's my dad who has the insurance done for me so i wouldn't know where to start and it would be a hassle not for me but my dad.
I don't car about theft because i know it wouldn't necessarily happen to me and if it does bad luck, im not being optimistic you people may think.
My only concern is an accident not being covered due to not reported audio equipment (amp). Now that i know that is not a problem i will go ahead with my install.
I will keep you guys notified when it goes ahead.
Cheers lads. :)

237.9 KW ATW

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2