F$&king LPG!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: F$&king LPG!!
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:51 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

Driving the car on LPG is fab and stand by the fact that the SVI system I had installed is the best thing I did for the old EB. However, for over 2 years now I am still having the overrun cutout when going down hills and coming off throttle and car reverting to ULP. I have to stop the car, shut down and restart if I want to go back to LPG.

Whilst it is more of an annoyance vice something more sinister, what gets me is the lack of knowledge of some of the so-called experts who are happy to take my money and return the keys and the problem persists. I can't take it back to the original installer as he closed up shop when the rebates fell-never to be seen again.

Has anyone had the same issues and, if so, how the bloody hell do I fix this problem. It can't be that hard can it?

Hooroo

Post subject: Re: F$&king LPG!!
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

You don't pay a mechanic for a fix, you pay him for his time, repaired or not the time is still spent on the car.
If the original installer has made a mess of it, I'd charge you the time spent and hand you keys and send yo on your way too. Fixing other peoples f**k ups isn't my responsibility.
That he is no longer around is the first obvious sign the guy was only ever in it to make a quick buck by punching out conversions with out regard for the quality of the install.

Your EB uses group fired injection and if the guy didn't use a system that will work properly with group fire, nothing besides replacing it will sort your problem.

You haven't told us anything about the system or the car it's fitted too. Until you do, no help can be given.

Quote:
It can't be that hard can it?

Well, if it was easy all the 'so called experts' would have had it fixed by now wouldn't they :roll:

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Been passed on this forum many times-to no avail it seems.

Hooroo

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:15 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Funny that tickford as I will be in Townsville in six weeks. Might have to drop in and see if your superior mechanical prowess and analytical skills can see me right. Never questioned having to pay for mechanics precious time but, isn't that what we pay you for - to diagnose and repair issues for idiots like me? :roll:

Hooroo

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

You know, if you had posted the needed info about the system i'd have offered free advice.

If you at least tell me what system it is I'd be able to tell you if I've had any experience with that brand or at least if I have the data cable and software for it.

As it is, don't waste your or my time when you're in Townsville. If you can't be bothered to post the needed info here, how am I meant to be sure you'd tell the full story in person.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]