Fordmods Logo

Mixer type to Vapour/Liquid injection question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Mixer type to Vapour/Liquid injection question
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Wagon, DF LTD

VIC, Australia

Howdy guys, very new to the LPG side of things so play nice.

Recently bought a DF LTD with a dual fuel V8, but the engine's buggered. The tank and everything is in date by 5 years, so I'm planning to utilise the LPG system when and if I put my I6 from the wagon.

Seeing as it will need to be refitted to suit the 6 cylinder anyway, I've been looking into getting vapour liquid injection while they're at it.

In terms of what needs to be changed, is it only what's in the engine bay that is different? Or does it need different fittings from tank to injectors? Anyone to shed some light on the differences between the system would be awesome

Also perhaps a price that I'd be expecting to pay would be good.

Cheers guys

The gene pool could do with a little bit of chlorine...

Post subject: Re: Mixer type to Vapour/Liquid injection question
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

If your fitting a vapor injection setup, the "front end" and maybe the line from the tank will need to be changed.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:38 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Yeah had a chat to the mechanic the other day and he said a similar thing. Mind you, he couldn't get the engine running for long enough to check for leaks in the system. But it seems like the tank and lines are pretty much the same according to him, only when it comes down to the front end does it differ. Although, he's not an LPG fitter so I'll have a chat to one to make sure.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

steedy wrote:
Yeah had a chat to the mechanic the other day and he said a similar thing. Mind you, he couldn't get the engine running for long enough to check for leaks in the system. But it seems like the tank and lines are pretty much the same according to him, only when it comes down to the front end does it differ. Although, he's not an LPG fitter so I'll have a chat to one to make sure.

The tanks are the same for most if not all vapor injection systems. Lines usually the same, except you may or may not have the right fittings on the line, or it might need mods depending on where your converter is placed. Then you just need to mod your intake manifold to take the injectors or the injector bosses, run the extra wiring & remove the old systems wiring.

Look at BenJ's wagon, he converted from a mixer to injection setup, will give you idea's.

I haven't done such a conversion (yet), but I do have injection on my Eb Ghia I6, and looked very seriously at converting one of my Xr8's to LPG injection, from the impco425 setup it currently has. Won't be doing it for a while tho, if ever. It runs good enough as it is for now.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
The tanks are the same for most if not all vapor injection systems. Lines usually the same, except you may or may not have the right fittings on the line, or it might need mods depending on where your converter is placed. Then you just need to mod your intake manifold to take the injectors or the injector bosses, run the extra wiring & remove the old systems wiring.

Look at BenJ's wagon, he converted from a mixer to injection setup, will give you idea's.

I haven't done such a conversion (yet), but I do have injection on my Eb Ghia I6, and looked very seriously at converting one of my Xr8's to LPG injection, from the impco425 setup it currently has. Won't be doing it for a while tho, if ever. It runs good enough as it is for now.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Ah okay, will check his thread out, didn't know his was initially a mixer. Yeah only considering it seeing as the DF already has LPG fitted so instead of taking the whole system out, may as well utilise it being in there, instead of having to pay another set of labour for it if i wanted a system down the track.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]