Fordmods Logo

x series wipers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: x series wipers
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Xh

NSW, Australia

Im not sure on the wiper design origin, I think it pre dates XD, but if you have a X, DEFGH. Sometime in the near future your gonna suffer terminal wiper destruction. Its no big deal. Its only the little plastic clip broken, that hold the wiper arm on there pivots. Trouble is YOU CANT GET THEM !!!!!! So to my pleasant suprise I saw the arms listed in a rare spares online catalogue recently... looks like the clips are pre fitted to new arms.. But who cares. its better than sourcing a whole 30 year old setup thats bound to break again soon anyway. So remember this. As it is bound to come right up and bite you fair on the "Finger"shortly. Regards Daz.

Post subject: Re: x series wipers
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Are u talking about those little plastic clips that connect your wiper arms to the wiper blade holder? If so u can actually buy the whole blade assembly that comes with those new plastic clips from places like super cheap or autobarn. U also get new wiper blades fitted on there as well as they are already attached in the packet. I can't remember how much they were but I remember that rather than fit actual wiper blades again, I waw thinking that i would fit the whole wiper blade assembly as there was not much difference in price. They are multi fit and come with all the different clips for the different models.

XG Ute. BBM conversion, EL ECU + J3 Chip, 3" Stainless Steel Intake Pipe, K&N Pod Filter, Wade 1673 Camshaft, Pacemaker extractors, 2.5 Inch Hi-Flow Cat, 2.5 Inch exhaust, Cab Extension, 18" FG GT Rims, resprayed in blueprint.

Post subject: Re: x series wipers
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon Xh

NSW, Australia

No. The actual wiper body

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]