Cornering light bulbs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Cornering light bulbs
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Hey, I'm looking for the ideal bulb for my cornering lights on my EF. I have the EL Ghia/NF/NL Fairlane style ones that go in the front bar. The idea is, I want them to be switched on with the parkers, and hopefully boost up the low beam a bit. The standard 21W brake light style globe just doesn't seem bright enough. Now I've had a bit of an idea, and I was after some people's thoughts. I have an LED torch the same as the one pictured below, and I really like it's light spread and light output. Could I put a similar style of globes into my cornering lights? Does anyone have any other decent ideas? I'm open to suggestions.

Gab

Attachments:
File comment: LED Torch
de043585ee4b7ee2f7bfe68e0f493499.image.696x550.JPG
de043585ee4b7ee2f7bfe68e0f493499.image.696x550.JPG [ 47.46 KiB | Viewed 278 times ]

Post subject: Re: Cornering light bulbs
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

There are any amount of LED bulbs available on eBay that suit this application. I used them for years before I got rid of my EL Fairmont Ghia. There is one thing to remember, the cornering lights are just that. They are cornering lights and are factory aimed to the left & right side of the vehicle. To partially overcome the aiming problem, use LED's with multiple individual bulbs fitted, also including being fitted around the outer edges. Using those sort of globes will overcome (to some degree) the lack of beam towards the front. I also wired them in via a relay that was triggered by the parking lights. I also fitted a separate switch to allow the cornering lights to be switched off, when not required such as when actually parking the vehicle in a dark area.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]