XF ecu tuning 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: XF ecu tuning
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 1986 XF Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

Hey everyone i just need some helpful advice at two things first one is finding out what kind of ECU and chip my car has so i can get correct files for tunerpro RT is there a number or sumthing i can find on the ecu or in it?, i have owned it about 2 -3 months now, it's a 1986 XF fairmont ghia 5 speed manual i have hooked up my laptop to the ecu/chip via usb to serial cable and ran tuner pro RT without any bin files etc to see if it would come up with chip brand version and stuff , But this is where problem 2 comes into play i have a custom dotmatrix screen in the center console under the head unit displaying various sensors on the car that worked fine for few weeks that just stopped displaying anything it would just illuminate with the backlight but dosent stop the car working at all i've check the wire(phonecord) which it is connected, it hasnt bothered me that it stops working but when i first connected my laptop and ran tunerpro with ignition in on postion the screen was displaying as normal and tunerpro said it was connected and all that and the bottom of the program said romulation or romulator <-- is one of these the chip brand/model ive tried google searches/multiple forums but couldnt find a chip brand name like that.... then my laptop battery started getting real low so i turned off the ignition and disconnected the cable to laptop and charged it, i came back out side and hooked up my laptop and turned ignition to on and noticed the car screen was having it's moment of not displaying anything it was just illuminating but i noticed tunerpro wasnt connecting at all and wasnt even detecting a connection
could this be a shotty chip/ecu or sumthing lose stopping a laptop plus the custom screen connecting ?
PS dunno if this can help but last few days the screen in the dash is working when i start the car but when i go to drive down my street getting up to 2000 rpm the screen in the dash freezes and stays like it till i start it again
its sorta hard to explain but if ya need more info happy to share it
thanks in advance for assistance
justin

EDIT will try to upload some pics of the screen and ecu tommorow if it will help

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]