Putting 6X9 in the back of a el falcon 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Putting 6X9 in the back of a el falcon
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

s**t there high dude..... is the internal space the same diameter all the way? If so I would block off the stock holes in the shelf and just use the cavity created by the spacers for air flow. Non ported it should give you a crisp deep mid range note to accompany your sub. Are you using a graph or crossover in your setup or are you allowing the inbuilt crossover of you amps to do the work?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Dont take this the wrong way or get all defensive about it, I'm not having a go at you.

Just giving my honest opinion.

But thats f**k hideous.
Shove them underneath and slap the covers on top, I mean your not going for quality by the looks, you just want noise.

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:56 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF, EL falcon, au futra

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
s**t there high dude..... is the internal space the same diameter all the way? If so I would block off the stock holes in the shelf and just use the cavity created by the spacers for air flow. Non ported it should give you a crisp deep mid range note to accompany your sub. Are you using a graph or crossover in your setup or are you allowing the inbuilt crossover of you amps to do the work?

Just the amps atm and yea the magnet blocked up the hole anyway so yea i am sorta new to all this i am far from finished on it still have plenty more $$ to spend on it cause i want ice sound quolity

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard
ford au furtura the daily

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:59 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Krytox wrote:
Dont take this the wrong way or get all defensive about it, I'm not having a go at you.

But thats f**k hideous.
Shove them underneath and slap the covers on top, I mean your not going for quality by the looks, you just want noise.

Na its all good i would get defensive man im all for taking in idears and i guess every one has a different opinion and way of seeing things

EL Falcon, sitting on sl king springs & 18" silver agents, pacemaker extractors with 2.5'' sports exhurst, nf fairlane interior, 5 speed manual with a 3.45 lsd and lots more rkw:
EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:04 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Ford mystar wrote:
Krytox wrote:

But thats f**k hideous.

Na its all good i would get defensive man im all for taking in idears and i guess every one has a different opinion and way of seeing things

WOULDN'T** bloody phone -_-

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

In saying that uniacidz, the spacer job he did ( no matter how deformed), what a nice fitting job. Instead of wasting money on Speaker boxes covered in material that never matches ( and s**t quality chipboard) and the buying the 6" to 6x9 adapters, why not make the boxes out of marine ply with the base tapered down to bolt onto the stock 6" mount? He is obviously handy with a Jigsaw........ Me personally I would ditch the 6x9 idea and go 6" or 6.5" flush mounted. Jaycar Do a REALLY nice 6.5" componant, Titanium tweeters with the drivers made from Kevlar ( 85w rms). The bass from these puppies have out done any 6x9 Ive heard, hell I had them in a Tj Magna's front doors running 60w rms and on the test run they seperated the outer door shell from the door intrusion bar

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Wow dude that's tall...did you do that to clear the magnet completely off the shelf? I would suggest halving the size, shoving the spacer underneath the carpet and align it so the magnet fits through the hole. My 8" inch speakers have a large magnet leaving about 3mm gap all around as clearance. I'm sure 6x9s don't have such a large magnet do they?

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Good to see them back, I cant believe I sold mine on ebay for around $40 for the pair and got these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-JB ... 23108f62c3
In theory the JBL's should have been a better speaker ( allot louder too), but it turned out that the pair I got blew a tweeter running off a stock deck! The ebayer wont refund and ebay wont do s**t........ Be careful of these speakers guys.
Seriously, sell the 6x9's and go the Jaycars. Your Pioneer 6x9's have a rms output of 85w rms by the way too. Did a search. Also they may be 5 ways, but I think you would still get a better sound from the Jaycars and the fronts will take up most of the sound the added tweeters your Pioneers have anyway

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

why even bother with 6x9's? they look ridculous, how ever you put them in.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

79raven wrote:
Good to see them back, I cant believe I sold mine on ebay for around $40 for the pair and got these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BRAND-NEW-JB ... 23108f62c3
In theory the JBL's should have been a better speaker ( allot louder too), but it turned out that the pair I got blew a tweeter running off a stock deck! The ebayer wont refund and ebay wont do s**t........ Be careful of these speakers guys.
Seriously, sell the 6x9's and go the Jaycars. Your Pioneer 6x9's have a rms output of 85w rms by the way too. Did a search. Also they may be 5 ways, but I think you would still get a better sound from the Jaycars and the fronts will take up most of the sound the added tweeters your Pioneers have anyway

Funny thing, called ebay and threatened to go public as this is the second time I have been a** raped from warrantys that dont mean s**t.... The response was 2 hours later the ebayer wants an address to send out new ones to. Hope these ones work.
Seriously, dont get into the hype about names and sizes of speakers. How many home theater speakers do you see with 6x9's and 15" subs? I would still go 6.5" and ditch the 6x9's, 6.5 over 6" as it gives you more options. Jaycar high end speakers are almost always quality, thats why I suggested them.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
In saying that uniacidz, the spacer job he did ( no matter how deformed), what a nice fitting job. Instead of wasting money on Speaker boxes covered in material that never matches ( and s**t quality chipboard) and the buying the 6" to 6x9 adapters, why not make the boxes out of marine ply with the base tapered down to bolt onto the stock 6" mount? He is obviously handy with a Jigsaw........ Me personally I would ditch the 6x9 idea and go 6" or 6.5" flush mounted. Jaycar Do a REALLY nice 6.5" componant, Titanium tweeters with the drivers made from Kevlar ( 85w rms). The bass from these puppies have out done any 6x9 Ive heard, hell I had them in a Tj Magna's front doors running 60w rms and on the test run they seperated the outer door shell from the door intrusion bar

cheers man thanks for some handy info im interested in getting a set if them speakers for the frount, its 3 layers of 7 ply and is not completely finished i still have to carpert them
im alway iterested in taking new idears in

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
Wow dude that's tall...did you do that to clear the magnet completely off the shelf? I would suggest halving the size, shoving the spacer underneath the carpet and align it so the magnet fits through the hole. My 8" inch speakers have a large magnet leaving about 3mm gap all around as clearance. I'm sure 6x9s don't have such a large magnet do they?

yea the magnets are neally that big and the magnet are in the holes they r that high to clear the termanals

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

thanks for the idears but im gunna give wat i have a go before i go changing my idears

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

79raven wrote:
600w is the pmpo, whats the rms? I found with my system taking the time with cleanly placed good quality wires, connected 100% makes all the difference. I am currently chasing up an ebay refund at the moment, the Jbl 6.5" 3 way 125w rms's I bought brand new with a 12 month warranty failed at 85w rms...... I got Jbl's because they are super reliable right to peak output and a decent sound, just turned out the ones I had managed to fry the centre tweeter. Still sounds good to about 50w, but 125 with a 170 rms 8" sub sounds like what I am after. Good luck with yours and keep us posted, dont bother f**k round with the moulded design around the centre belt buldge, you'll pull your hair out getting it 100%

well this is wat it looks like now there carpeted

Attachments:
IMG_2678 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2678 (Medium).JPG [ 197.84 KiB | Viewed 374 times ]
File comment: i got it nice and neat
IMG_2675 (Medium).JPG
IMG_2675 (Medium).JPG [ 164.52 KiB | Viewed 366 times ]

EF Falcon stock standard

Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 97 el xr6

New Zealand

I think you should sound deaden the front doors put 6" cross overs in the rear and mount you 69ers in the front doors easyer to cut the door to fit and a little spacer and it will clear windows and other bits though out the doors and louder sound in the front

xr-sexing

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2