Post subject: Re: FUEL REGULATOR MOD
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

and the reason people dont do this is...... <drumroll>

insert silly objections here hehe

the length of induction route without forced induction would create more pressure drop than the cold air is worth ?

still if i had a spare i would consider this mod just to mark the difference, i have the el one on now i might try it with the log reg, i want to chop the flange off my log n turn it upside down for future endeavours anyway....

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
i want to chop the flange off my log n turn it upside down

:mrgreen:

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

wow this threads old, whats it doing in new posts ? go fordmods v3......

(cancels the inverted log and goes with the spare bbm with custom plenum)

while were diging through old threads... lets get some more plenum pictures and results. not keen without results, known too many c0cks out there selling unproven manidolds that actually reduce power.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

If you want to increase the fuel pressure.Why dont you just disconnect the vaccum hose off the fuel reg.By doing this and blocking off the vaccum hose you roughly increase the fuel pressure from 20kpa to 40kpa.So for example my ED falcon fuel pressure runs at 250kpa i disconnected the vaccum to the reg and now it runs at 280kpa to 290kpa.

I tested this a few weeks ago and does make a little difference but nothing to right home about.

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

KRUPTD wrote:
If you want to increase the fuel pressure.Why dont you just disconnect the vaccum hose off the fuel reg.By doing this and blocking off the vaccum hose you roughly increase the fuel pressure from 20kpa to 40kpa.So for example my ED falcon fuel pressure runs at 250kpa i disconnected the vaccum to the reg and now it runs at 280kpa to 290kpa.

I tested this a few weeks ago and does make a little difference but nothing to right home about.

Will not work, been there and tried it. have a read of this link from bosch, explains how a regulator works using the engine vacuum under different loads.

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/language1/html/4557.htm

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yes i understand how a fuel pressure regulator works.I am a mechanic and do know how to test them.But what i was saying is that by disconnecting the vaccum line from the fuel reg will increase your fuel pressure to 280kpa or 300kpa or higher depending on circumstances or pressure of reg.This will be your new fuel pressure.It will be higher than the standard fuel pressure thus also will change the way the reg will work and probably driveabillity.(It will not fluctuate due to no engine vaccum being produced to the fuel reg,also engine will run richer probably even blow some black smoke under load.)

With a standard reg it will fluctuate at different engine vaccum's.As to what i mentioned to remove the hose will only run that higher fuel preussure all the time,being the down side of it.I spose it would only be a short term fix.

As for it not working,i can see it working but you would have poorer fuel economy and cases of black soot out the exhaust.This way will increase the fuel pressure but as i mentioned before will affect driveabillity.

And the best option would be to purchase a higher pressure fuel reg.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

disconnetcing the vac hose does nothing? Think what is happening under WOT. There is no vaccum at the reg and diaphram opens. Only thing that you achieve by removing the hose is a rich idle.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

For a perfectly functioning fuel reg if you disconnect the vaccum hose the fuel pressure should increase.If it doesnt then you have a faulty fuel reg.I will stand by this.I was reading this in a Gregory's EFI trouble shooting book.Have a look yourself.

And as i mentioned before,by disconnecting the vaccum you have one constant fuel pressure therefor at lower engine vaccum it will be very rich.

At WOT,you will be having more fuel than when you had the hose connected.The vaccum which is connected helps improve driveabillity,so with the changing engine vaccum the fuel pressure will increase or decrease.

I will admit this is only a quick fix and not and genuinely good way to achieve extra fuel pressure the option as i mentioned before would to obtain a new fuel reg which is a higher fuel pressure.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

disconnecting the hose will raise fuel pressure only before the throttle is wide open. ie. idle to half throttle. But with hose on or off, fuel reg still has no vaccum at wot. Look man, you keep disconnecting your vac hoses and makin your cars go fast, Ill stick mto my theroy. I obviouslt cant decsribe to you what i mean.

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ok you stick with your theory and i will stick with mine.I have tested my theory,so i know it works but does have its disadvantages.

Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

this is old but can you show the difference on a dyno?

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3