Fordmods Logo

New FPV GT 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: New FPV GT
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 68 f250

WA, Australia

About a week and a half ago after learning of the imminent release of the new and final GT falcon I contacted an FPV dealer hear in Perth and was rather disappointed with the response I got.
Upon talking to the salesman I was informed that out of 11 they had been allocated only 2 remained available both of which were auto and I could select both colour and trim. Then came the part that really peeved me the salesman told me if I wanted to secure one I would have to SUBMIT AN OFFER OF 110 THOUSAND OR ABOVE. Now considering that this particular vehicle rolls out of fpv with a retail price of 79990 (see article in wheels) and would have an on road price of around 89000 here in wa that is a whopping 20000 windfall on the vehicle that is going straight in to the pocket of the dealer. When I raised this matter with ford Australia I was told that it was fine by them as the dealer had pre purchased some of the gt's themselves and could sell them for whatever they liked
At the time of enjuiry I was told by the salesman that they had sold the last one for 105 thou which means that out of 11 the dealer was able to pre purchase at least 3 which would then equate to about 27.25%. When applied across the board to the 500 available through the dealer network if all dealers were to do the same. To further put this into perspective this means that even at 105 there is a gross profit of 2.1 mill straight in the dealers pockets over and above any margin that is in the vehicles at retail price. At this time I would also like to point out that the dealer has knowledge of up and coming models long before any release to the public and therefore can put their order at the top of the list thus securing any vehicles they want long before the public gets a chance.
Seems to me like good old ford Australia wants to bend us over one last time before walking out.

Post subject: Re: New FPV GT
Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF 2 Fairmont. AU 5 Litre ute

VIC, Australia

Can someone tell me why ford are leaving Australia again?
I know its bussiness, but thats a bit high of a mark up

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

This is not business nor is it fair to the average guy who may have managed to get in at retail. Its a blatent rip off by greedy dealers and yet another let down by ford Australia and this is a reason they are loosing market share. Don't think for one minute that these things happen by chance ford along with holden is concerned only with their bottom line and couldn't care less about either their Australian work force or the Australian public. For example how much media advertising has ford given to their Australian made products over the last few years. I personally don't watch much tv but the little I do watch I cant remember the last time I saw a falcon add, Ive seen camry and festiva and ranger and dmax etc but no falcon could this have contributed to the demise of our australian based fords and would this have been done to legitimise fords departure. We all know tv plays a big part in influencing buyers decisions and no I don't subscribe to the theory that the Australian public doesn't want bigger vehicles anymore take a look at the emergence of the c300.Chrysler runs a large campaign specially on the internet where the c300 pops up regularly and we are now seeing a lot more of them on the road. Ford has both the ecoboost system and also the knowhow to create even better more feul efficient falcon models but chooses not to so they can drop the falcon and head to asia for a cheaper build its that simple.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: BFII XR6T

NSW, Australia

Even if they sold it for 80k. To spend that much on a Falcon is still crazy. 105k is mental.
The depreciation on Falcons is very quick which is the biggest let down.
For 80 to 105k I would buy something Jap or European that seems to hold better resale value. Build quality from the Falcon dosent compare unfortunately. As much as I love Fords its a fact.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:35 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

As for resale the original phase 3 cost $4850 from memory and they will cost you between 80 and 120 thou last I looked so that aint to bad however if you buy a standard falcon you will be hit hard.
the difference here is the GTF will be the last ever falcon to wear the Gt badge and is limited to no more than 500 to be sold in Australia and the fact that the dealers can and have already sold these for well above retail is testament to the fact that they are and ill be a sort after collectors car.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

ford dealers are normally franchises.. Ford themselve released a statement saying that they would prefer it if dealers stuck to the RRP but that they couldn't tell a private business what to sell cars they had bought for....

The only reason for the inflated price/profit gouging is because it's the last of the breed and therefore a collectors item.. Much like the final monaros.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

ash w wrote:
As for resale the original phase 3 cost $4850 from memory and they will cost you between 80 and 120 thou last I looked so that aint to bad

And how much was a fibro house back then? 10k.
How much is a fibro house today? Try getting an ex houso fibro shack in Wollongong for under 300k. You're dreaming. And what about you're average house and land package off the plan in a new estate? 4000 and you don't even get a shed in the backyard. For the phase 3 to be a sound investment they need to be over 48.5% over the value of the average Australian house.

Having said that the poor bustards who were fighting over phase 3 falcons when they were nudging 800k lost out big time.

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

your comparison is somewhat correct but if you compare the price of the 71gt to the standard 71 falcon today is the price difference similar even taking in to account inflation and what about all the other vehicles produced back then have they also risen in value?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]