ICC displays CODE 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ICC displays CODE
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ba Falcon XL Ute

TAS, Australia

Hi all,

the ICC in my BA is displaying "CODE" and has been like this for some time.

I have had the car about a year and a half, and the ICC worked fine when i took ownership of it.

It then started to display "CODE" randomly after working for minutes/hours, and then started working at random again.

It went through this cycle for some time, but now it just displays "CODE" flatout.

Would a simple reset of the ICC help do you think? or should i grab a cheapie and swap it over?

cheers in advance.

Post subject: Re: ICC displays CODE
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Thats strange i didnt think they needed a code. Im sure my BA displayed CODE when i replaced the battery for a few secs but it dissapeared. Sounds faulty to me but i only have the standard sound in mine :?

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

they can need a code. the icc runs on a code which is checked by the bem, situated beneath the icc unit. if the icc is changed, the code would not match and so the radio is security limited. however simply disconnecting your battery wont upset the code, as it is in your cars electronic memory. from memory all the major electronics on a ba/bf ask the others for verification codes at startup, and so many of the replies need to be correct for certain functions to work. when i changed the icc in my ba xt to an xr one, i had to get ford to flash the car to encode the icc as part of the car for it to work. if you havent changed the icc or bem, (changing the bem on a b series will not allow it to start untill ford reflash it) then i would think either your icc or bem is faulty. first thing i would try is remove parts of the centre console to get underneath the icc. the bem is screwed into the bottom of it, with iirc 4 plugs going to it. check the plugs are in properly, and no wires are pinched on any previously moved parts, thereby allowing an intermittent circuit. if everything else in your car is running fine and dandy, i would lean more towards a faulty icc.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BF wagon

WA, Australia

I had this problem the code is only read when you start the engine so was scratching my head until then!

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BF wagon

WA, Australia

I had this problem the code is only read when you start the engine so was scratching my head until then!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]