Injected gas system on au v8 ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Injected gas system on au v8 ute
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF 2 Fairmont. AU 5 Litre ute

VIC, Australia

Hi guys been looking around just on google atm for info on injected gas systems for my au v8 ute.
I'v been told it is better than vapor.
If anyone has info on the system (s), would be great if you could share, just so I know what to ask when I start calling on monday. Price, tank size, ect and also is there somewhere in south eastern suburbs of vic that people know that arent dodgy.
Cheers Lee

Post subject: Re: Injected gas system on au v8 ute
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:23 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Hi Lee,

I did a bit of hunting around about twelve months ago...got onto IMPCO-BRC in Carrum Downs as they seem to doa good SVI system. Not too sure what you mean by better than vapour? The only other newer system is liquid injection - personally I am not of the opinion that it is the best bang for buck and still not as proven as others (well on AU V8s anyway).

I'm planning on using an IMPCO BRC SVI system on my AU V8 when the time comes. They used to be sponsors on AFF...but no longer from what I can see. There was a guy in Lynbrook that was an authorised dealer - 'peerless' or something was his business name. Otherwise there is another reputable place in Nunawading, but I forget the name of the business.

I'd be interested to know of your findings. I'm looking at doing mine probably next year sometime once the new motor is run in on petrol etc.

Keep us posted :)

Cheers,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Im running an Earlier SGIS Nova system on my EL (185kw xr8 engine). Vapour injection. fantastic - none of the performance loss on petrol, and Ive picked up 50km/tank. Its not perfect, but its waaaay better than mixer rings.

LPI is available, but it also has some issues in places like QLD where it gets really got. My Vapour Injection system works day and night hot or cold.

it does start on petrol though - and runs on fuel till a particular temp in the water. Mine is set very low (35 degrees) but it works. Normally theyre set a little higher.

You'll find most of the SVI systems are similar. The ECU's are almost always the same ECU, rebranded and with slightly different software in it. The injectors and converter are the typical points of diferentiation. The Eurogas stuff is very high quality (and expensive), and there are kits all the way up and down in between.

All said - I dont think I'll go back to a mixer system. The next car will get the same thing.

Nigel

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:10 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Hi Nigel,

How is your system going? I would love to pick your brain on what running gear you have and whether you can recommend hardware for my AU with a fresh 363ci motor.

As for the OP - have you ventured any further into researching the different systems / installers etc?

Cheers,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Mines going great!. Ive just picked up another two for $700 - one for my E36 220kw 5.0, and one as a spare.

There are much newer systems - snap mentioned the chinese systems actually modify ignition timing now (thats good).

I have had the OMVL Dream XXI on a car 7 years ago (Ford ZA Esca0e), and I have the Eurogas system on a Car now (Ford ZC V6 Escape) which is great. Actually, considering that the two other conversions were on non-return fuel systems that they run as well as they do is awesome. I *almost* had to pull the injectors for cleaning after 150000, but my wife accidentally drove a whole tank of PULP through them, and theyre running fantastic again.

I like the Ones Im using - they arent too complicated, dont require OBDII with self-tune (not helpful when I dont have "real" obd2 anyway), and in the EL Ive racked up 40,000km with no issues at all.

Actually I had one - "perceived" power loss. Turns out I neglected the Air Filter for 40000km. changed it, and car is again good. Im sure there is a slight power loss (it is a 185...) but at the moment, with the nice crisp 10 degree mornings were having, she goes very nice thanks.

Speaking of all that - anyone want to throw me a free AU 5.0 manual conversion? he he. The E36 could use one... if I dont get ESS onto it before then.

Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Hey ppl.

I have had a vapor injection setup on my Eb I6 for a decade now, and it's pretty cool. I have seen the same system with a 8cyl ecu on a ED V8. My setup, I get the same sort of power as on petrol, economy is very close to petrol too. It's an old Easyjet system, there are newer systems around, but all the vapor systems use the same basic design & operate the same basic way. Mine is individual injectors, some systems out there use injector rails or banks and then tubes to distribute the LPG to the port.

Systems with the injector close as possible to the port are the best.

Do some research, there are a few injectors out there that are not as reliable as others. Some installers will slag off the Easyjet injectors as being unreliable. I must have had a lucky run with mine, only one injector failure after 250,000 kms! You also want to look into the power level the systems support, I'm pushing the upper limit of my Easyjet system with the largest injectors they supply with only minor engine mods.

I have an impco 425 system on each of my Eb Xr8's. I've been toying with the idea that if I had the cash to spend, I'd convert them from the impco setup to a vapor injection setup, but I can't really justify the cash, they go pretty well with the impco 425 but would run better & more economical if they were injected LPG.

We also have recently fit Liquid injection to my wife's BA Xr8 5spd. Same sort of thing as a vapor injection setup, the car starts on petrol & then get's up to a preset time before it switches to LPG. As it doesn't use a converter, I'd say the time is to get a little heat into the engine & to allow the pump in the LPG tank to pump some LPG up to the regulator. It will switch back when the tank level get's too low. It goes very hard, and get's very close to the petrol economy of the Xr8, you can't tell your running on LPG when it's driving on LPG unless the windows are down & the tail pipe smell wafts towards you, then you know your on LPG, it smells different to petrol exhaust.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]