The Nf fairlane ghia transformation 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: The Nf fairlane ghia transformation
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:54 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: Nf fairlane ghia

VIC, Australia

Well fellow ford lovers, I thaught I'd dig in and share with some of my fellow enthusiasts the toils of my labour. For a little while now I've been in the process of getting my navy blue nf ghia on the road. Currently it's a 6 cylender manual and will soon be a 5 litre manual ltd wannabe. My old df ltd daily is gonna be donor. I'm only doing this coz the body and paint on the ltd is s**t. The low kays driveline, cappa interior and anything identifying it as an ltd other than compliance plates is going on the fairlane. So far I've spent a some time wet rubbed the entire car due to scratches and dodgey looking orange peel in a couple of places and have buffed it bringing the finish of the paintwork looking like wet sheet of navy blue glass. I've removed and cleaned the cappa interior out of the ltd and it's c*m up a treat. However I would like to replace the carpet and re trim the drivers side bucket to make it spot on. Wheels will be nu fairlane ghias with narrow whitewalls with the car being tastefully lowered over them. Any black or grey plastic on the car I.e. Wipers and Scuttle, door moulds, front window side trims and rubbers and plastic around the windows I've wet rubbed with 1500 wet n dry, prep soled, plastic primed and painted in a semi gloss urethane paint and it all looks sharp as! The tail lights looked murky so I squirted some Ajax bench top cleaner in the light holes, put some water, a little rag, blocked the holes and shook the hell out of them for a few minutes then emptied the water, retrieved the rag and rinsed them out n let them dry and they came up mint. For the front I'll buy some brand new headlights and indicators to match the cleanliness of the rest of the car. And uh....... Yeah, that's where it's at at the moment. I've got coming a v8 t5 and some gt40p heads and complete top end intake out of a series 2 au tickford xr8 to put onto my motor. I mite even go as far as throwing the Windsor a nice little bump stick and a twin 2 1/4 inch mandrel bent exhaust for a tad more grunt and old school glass pack straight through mufflers for a nice exhaust note. To see pics of how the paintwork is cuming up, just look in my gallery images.

Post subject: Re: The Nf fairlane ghia transformation
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Looking good m8
looks like the lane I'm doing up atm
Looking forward to seeing more of this ride

Post subject: Re: The Nf fairlane ghia transformation
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:40 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: Nf fairlane ghia

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate. Yeah it's coming up nice so far. Bringing up the paintwork has been a mission as always but like 99% of the cars I've had that the paint has been neglected on, it's well worth the effort to run the buff over them or wet rub and buff if needed. There's a sence of satisfaction and pride of ownership when you get a car that's a diamond in the rough and bring it up to look well above average. I love it. I just can't wait to get the thing all completed and how I want it and just drive the wheels off it! Lol. It'd be cool to see some pics on the progress of yours.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]