Double din help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Double din help
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

I want to buy my fiancé a new hu for her 2010 focus I want to get her a touchscreen 2din

My price range is up to $600 and I've gone and looked at so many and everyone that is speak to has a different opinion.. All I'm asking is if anyone has preferences of brand and experience or just some opinions would be nice from people who aren't trying to sell them to me.

Things I want it to do..

-bluetooth phone connectivity (audio streaming would be nice)
-rear camera connectivity
-video out (for headrest monitors for my daughter)
-3 pre outs
-optional steering wheel control connectivity
-dual zone would also be good

I've so far looked at

Clarion VX603AU
Clarion VX404AU
Kenwood DDX3035BT
Pioneer AVHX5650BT
Pioneer AVHX8550BT
Pioneer AVHX2650BT

Any help would be awesome thanks guys

Post subject: Re: Double din help
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

In my car I have an imported Pioneer appradio 3 from the states... Nice unit... Tilt display... Requires an iphone to be connected to get full functionality... Once you have it set up but you get gps and all the works... It has a glitch but where it sometimes wont connect to the ipod I have left in the glove box and you have to unplug it and plug it in again...

For the bf turbo I had lack of available depth in the dash so I went with the Parrot Asteroid Smart... Slightly smaller screen... Full android based... Parrot have no rights to the play store but it can be rooted fairly easily and then the play store installed... As such I all the apps available on my phone on the hu... Downside is it has no cd slot... Which no doubt you want to be able to play a rear DVD? Didn't phase me in the slightest but...

Steering wheel connectivity is fairly straight forward with the PAC steering wheel interface you can import from amazon for $60 odd bucks... Not sure how the buttons work in the focus but there should be a way to get it working... PAC probably have install instructions for a focus (would be imported into america I'd reckon)...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]