Fordmods Logo

Xr6T with JTG LPG. Odd symptoms after weaponX coils install. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Xr6T with JTG LPG. Odd symptoms after weaponX coils install.
Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Hi all,

I put some lovely Brisk racing silver plugs in the XR6T together with some shiny new latest version 80,000V weaponX COP coils in an attempt to both improve idle and stop boost spark blowout. (the idle issue would be improved by presumably not having to close the spark gap much or at all with the weaponX's.) I added a second earth strap from the body to the engine and another from the -ve battery to the body... made very little noticeable difference. (their docs suggest it)

Anyway. the car runs smooth.. the idle is a little better.. but I h ave an odd symptom.. If I let the boost build slowly it's generally fine.. If I stomp the pedal. it feels like the traction control has kicked in. (it's turned off) If the spark was blown out by boost, it wouldn't matter if the build up was fast or slow.. only that the post was 10psi or above. (think this tune maxes out at 16, but I've not hit that yet.)

My wideband doesnt' indicate massive leaning out or anything, if anything, it's a bit rich... so i'm not sure what would be causing it. I bought a 17V voltage boost pump for the in tank JTG fuel pump as the JTG manufacturer suggests, but since it's running a tad rich under hard boost it seems a waste of time to install it. (wish I could instead send the 17volt boost to the coils instead of the fuel pump)

The car is running JTG liquid injected LPG if that makes a difference.

Any thoughts from the gurus would be most appreciated.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]