Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Effie's rebuild thread
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Hey there team!!

Thought I'd start up my own build thread for my 1996 EF Falcon GLi Classic infamously named "Effie".

I've had her since 2010, but thought I'd start a thread now as now is pretty much the time that she's in her worse state, but there's lots of parts I've got to get her running like I really want.

Here's a photo from the day I bought her off my cousin for measly grand!

Had a few mods when I bought it

1. Sony sound system with kenwood 12" in the boot with a 700w amp and two rear 5" parcel shelf speakers (system worth more than the car... what kid doesn't want that)
2. 2.5" catback exhaust with extractors
3. LPG system (good for the student budget)
4. Aftermarket 15" auscar wheels

But lots of work and potential, looking forward to putting up the work I get done here

Cheers
dermie16

1996 EF II FALCON GLI CLASSIC - Effie (Deceased)
2004 BA XR6 FALCON

"A piece from here and a piece from there"
Please check out my build thread and drop a comment http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/effie-s-rebuild-thread-t122606.html

Post subject: Re: Effie's rebuild thread
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Okay, since I've bought her I haven't really done much work than the basics. The first thing I did was rip of the plastic side windshields and the bumper protector as I hated the look of them. Here was a photo taken of my favourite toys over Christmas of 2011

Other than replacing the basics, I've done no real work until recently. Over last Christmas the grandparents gave me a jack and car stands and since then I've been constantly tinkering over weekends I thought I'd get into what sort of things I've been doing.

First thing I had to do was I noticed that when driving along eastlink on the way to Rye, my entire intsrument cluster wiped out, and then flicked back on and then off again.. it was truly weird. Anyway as many EF owners would have experienced I had a leaky power steering hose that was dumping fluid into the alternator and sending it haywire, overcharging the battery and shutting down my dials and other electrical components.. good times.

So I had to replace the high pressure power steering hose (looking back I could have probably just replaced the o-ring, but hey why not) and then went down to the wreckers and picked myself up a new alternator. After an hour of working under the bonnet, I had grown a hatred for my LPG system :evil: the amount of space that it takes up is such a pain in the a***!! It made what should have been an easy job a s**t harder!!

Anyway I got it done and now I'm happy to report that its all working well.

I also got my hands on an opt20 police cluster off ebay.. was absolutely stoked that I got it fully functional for less than $50!!

BUILD LIST
1. Sony sound system with kenwood 12" in the boot with a 700w amp and two rear 5" parcel shelf speakers (system worth more than the car... what kid doesn't want that)
2. 2.5" catback exhaust with extractors
3. LPG system (good for the student budget)
4. Aftermarket 15" auscar wheels
5. New power-steering hose
6. Replaced alternator
7. Opt20 police cluster

Cheers
dermie16

2004 BA XR6 FALCON

Please check out my build thread and drop a comment http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/effie-s-rebuild-thread-t122606.html

Post subject: Re: Effie's rebuild thread
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:24 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

It's with a heavy heart that I have to close off this thread as my beloved first set of wheel was written off not long ago after I was sitting waiting at a set red traffic lights, went green to turn right and the person behind me, not paying attention thought it was green and went straight up the back of me!!

I didn't update this thread for a long time, but she was a mighty machine and I learnt so much off her as my first set of wheels. From changing exhausts to dropping an AU in it, it's sad it had to end too soon.

But it's not all bad, picking up my BA XR6 this week, so the show must go on!! Onwards and Upwards from here as we start work on another ride!!

RIP Effie

Image[/url]

2004 BA XR6 FALCON

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]